• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Plus Polish Pads
Are these for replacement of powder polish?
That's iffy. You could hit it with 400 grit followed by 800 grit. The results would be so so - a nice medium shine. But for a better shine you would still want to follow up by powder polishing with a rotary floor machine.
What I figured. My rotary is dead and haven't had a need to replace so.... I was looking at these to replace that for awhile. Do these come in different grits?
We have... 400 800 1500 3000 6000 grits.
Frankly, if you continued all the way up to 6000 you could bypass powder polishing.
I didn't read the page thoroughly. So it is 18.00 per or for a set of 3?
That would be nice. No, they're $18 for each pad.
Hey Rick,
Will the 400 grit remove light etching? And if so, starting at 400 going up to 6000 grit should get me from light etching(very light scratch removal) all the way up to a very nice shine? How many passes per grit? 6,8,10 before moving up?
What to charge per square foot for marble polishing?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(07-24-2014, 02:16 PM)patrickm Wrote: Hey Rick,
Will the 400 grit remove light etching? And if so, starting at 400 going up to 6000 grit should get me from light etching(very light scratch removal) all the way up to a very nice shine? How many passes per grit? 6,8,10 before moving up?

Yes, that format should get good results. Generally 8-10 passes per grit would be about the range you'd expect.
Can these pads be used in place of diamond resin discs to do initial polishing on concrete(from 400 to 3000 grit)?
If so,is there a benefit to using one over the other?

I have a concrete floor that was taken to 400 grit 10 years ago and has been waxed ever since.The client would like to try polishing the concrete since the wax breaks down too fast due to heavy traffic and scratches from chairs.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You would first need to strip ALL of the floor coatings off the floor. And then you could use pads to get the desired result. Traditional diamond abrasives are more effective in general, especially where there's scratches (though it's far more costly). However you can do some decent work with pads.
I remember the rotary machines that held blocks of carburundum. Used them on terrazzo. Come to think of it, I still have one of those blocks and use it as a sharpening stone. Hey guys, $17.99 and it's yours!

Sorry Rick, but a fellow has to eat, hahahahaha!
With Respect,
Stephen