• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production times for Cimex and Orbot
I had a request to estimate a 20,000 Sq Ft Fitness club. I'd like to know what I can expect for production times with the Cimex and orbot - not what the manufactures say - but what is realistic. Id be using the beige pads from es and the spaces are completely open - as in each section I do will have all the equipment moved so its a straight shot.
I've used both extensively and the Cimex is much faster--if its pronounced swirl patterns aren't an issue for the customer.

Otherwise, you're going to be slowed to a crawl by the need to rake.

PS: It will swirl if there's any nap to the carpet at all; if its true CGD shouldn't be much of an issue.
I agree the Cimex is much much faster. And less fatigue in doing so. Actual sq/ft per hour varies so much. But I would almost always expect 2000+ from a Cimex.
Cimex 100% over the Orbot for speed and results. we pre-vac EVERY job, so 20k sq.ft. of wide-open carpet would take 2 of us anywhere from 10-16 hours, depending on soil levels...that's 20-32 man hours total. sounds like a great account!

BTW, to be completely honest, in 10 years of using a Cimex and being almost an all CGD carpet cleaner (about 5% of our business is resi carpet), i have never had a Client comment negatively on the swirl pattern left by the Cimex. it looks great and i've only heard positive comments to that fact...it looks "finished", same as a wands diamond / triangle pattern.
Ok, thank you guys. I also need a realistic production est for the orbot with a 19 inch pad. I just got this machine and im gonna run both. The rough idea will help me bid this out. Thanks.