• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tire marks
We are doing a Ford Dealership this Saturday. They have carpet in the showroom, lots of tire marks on the carpet from where the care sat. Will DS2 or Punch work on these?
Anyone any experience removing this type of stain?

Thanks
We recently did a unit at an assisted living facility. Nylon cut pile. Carpet was nearly black from the hard rubber tires on a wheel chair. We used Punch at 15oz/gal as the pre-spray, and then rinsed with hot water using a porty. Then went back and pad-capped using Punch with the Sprayborg and MF Beasts. It worked great, although limited square footage. I believe Punch in combo with DS2 will work with a Cimex and grey pads. Hopefully it will not require any rinsing.
Ed Elliott

I'm in agreement with what Ed said. Go strong with the dilutions, give it some dwell time and good agitation. Encap-Punch should do a decent job breaking it down, as well as getting a good bite from the oil loving animal... DS2. Let us know how you make out.
I second that. We, also do an assisted center with rubber tire tracks. A strong dilution of punch and DS2 should knock it out. You can also spot extract with a high Ph cleaner with citrus then encap with DS2.

We just did a movie production office that has a black asphalt parking lot. Having traffic lanes...we presprayed with Flex with citrus...extracted then encapped with DS2 at 6oz per gallon.

Carpet looks good...not new but very good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Barrett Wiley
Cleaning Concierge

Commercial Cleaning New Orleans
504-377-7862
Info@mycleaningconcierge.com

Well, the carpet itself came out looking great with DS2 mixed @ 6 oz. gallon. As for the tire marks, not so good. We first tried just using the Cimex/encap spot removal method and tire marks wouldn't budge. Had my free labor, er , I mean my son Pre- Spray them with strong mix of punch (16 oz. gallon) dwelled for about 8 to 10 minutes and then heavy agitation. Still there. Got out the extractor and used a strong citrus cleaner/degreaser and the marks just would not go away. Oh well, customer is happy.
Owner said carpet is about 25 years old and most of the tire marks are too. One guy there said the newer tires parked there don't leave the marks like they used to. (?)
[Image: SuppesFord6-14_zpsdd366dd9.jpg]

[Image: suppes2_zps1f940001.jpg]
The older tires had a lot of carbon in them, this why you would always see cars parked inside shopping malls have a piece of carpet or a vinyl tile under each tire.

Otherwise, carbon would leach out and permanently stain the terrazzo flooring.

Some tires, depending on WHERE they were manufactured, will react worse than others, (possibly read cost here), I have also found that many WHITE tires, do not mark carpet as bad as some black Asian made tires.

This may also be a slight case of optical illusion where the lighter stain is not as pronounced.

I always advise that complete removal may not be possible but any improvement will be better than at present.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........