• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch PH
I'm sure this has already been addressed somewhere but I was not able to find it. What is the PH of Punch? I have been using it lately on residential carpets with HWE with great results. I use fresh water rinse. I want to be sure I am not leaving a high ph residue behind. It is my understanding that the encap part of the product would ensure that any residue would just get vacuumed away. Am I on track with this?
Thanks

Also, I treated a heavily urine damaged carpet the other day with a very heavy coating of Hydrox followed by HWE and plenty dry passes. When I came back for a (planned) return visit I noticed the carpet was REALLY crunchy. I did not have a chance to run a vacuum on it because I ended up pulling the carpet back and doing some more focused odor treatments.
I guess my concern was how crunchy it was AFTER HWE. I didn't think there would be enough residue to have that effect. Is that normal??
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If you went heavy with Encap-HydrOx, it can be crunchy until it gets walked on and vacuumed. It contains a lot of polymer, and if you went heavy with it, then yes, it can be a little bit crunchy at first. But like I said, that'll walk off after a couple of days of normal traffic and vacuuming.

Encap-Punch has a pH of 8.7 in concentrate. And it drops down a little bit lower when it's diluted. So its not far above neutral, and super safe for all types of carpet.
Thanks for the info. I thought the punch had a fairly low PH being that it is mostly solvent based. I just need to be sure and inform my customers about the potential crunchies before I start cleaning. I have a carbonated product I use in many cases that always leaves the carpets nice and soft. People love that. It does come up wanting for heavy traffic areas though and Punch has been working very well.
Thanks again.
  Reply   Purge Spammer