• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winner: Animal House 2014.....
These three kids were very proud of their trashed apartment carpet. Even for the college kid crowd, this was a doozy. Needless to say, I declined to provide any service to them. I just told them to get their wallets out for the carpet replacement.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Elliott

A little hydrox and punch and it would have looked good as new.Tongue That is definitely some nasty looking carpet. I'm sure their parents won't mind replacing the carpet.Angry
Yea not sure if that's a VLM job or not. I've cleaned quite a few with my TM with amazing results though.

What A Difference - Carpet & Tile Cleaning - Lexington KY
www.whatadifferenceky.com
I have to agree with the above posts. I've cleaned dirtier carpet and they cleaned up really well.
Didn't say it couldn't be cleaned. Just said I declined to clean it.

The other living space was just as bad, with torn carpet, burns, and wide swaths of food grade red dye. 2 years of gross negligence and willful destruction of someone else's property doesn't push my sympathy button. I spent my Saturday afternoon watching my son play basketball, rather than trying to rescue these knuckleheads from the consequences of their actions.
Ed Elliott

I think I would've done the same as Ed!
You rock Ed!
Amen Ed! Their parents must be so proud. On second thought, they were probably raised to believe that they were the most important people in the world, and they could do anything they wanted to do.
Hey Ed don't be offended. You didn't tell us the whole circumstances of torn carpet red stains etc. With that said, many of us would have walked away also.
NJP-no worries here. I just posted the pic for some levity. Didn't mean for it to get too far from that.

Brings up an interesting conversation though. I have walked away from 3 jobs this summer. Similar circumstances. Even if I wasn't put off by the three stooges, I probably wouldn't have done this job anyway, since I think it needed to start with a serious rinsing. I don't run a TM, and it was too large to do with my porty.

So the question hangs. What jobs do you pass on?
Ed Elliott

(07-22-2014, 07:25 PM)Ed E Wrote: So the question hangs. What jobs do you pass on?

To quote an old Steely Dan song...
"Throw back the little ones
And pan fry the big ones
Use tact, poise and reason
And gently squeeze them"
Wink

Some jobs simply aren't worth the trouble IMHO.
I share Ed's view on this one. Sometimes I'd prefer to walk.
In my commercial cleaning business I've passed on quite a few.
I really don't have any interest in going after the bottom feeders.