• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Yella problem
The other night I was doing a FILTHY job on direct stick.

When I filled the solution tank for the second tank (with less than 20 F2 to go Angry, the solution would not feed out into the pads.

Any ideas??

The solution tank is clear.

Pulled off the hose at the solution tank and everything ran well, so I figured, SOMEHOW, a blockage between the nipple on top of the base plate and the drive boards.

When I tilted the head back to wheel the machine out to the van, solution overflowed from the reservoir ???

Can the reservoir which feeds the solution into each drive board somehow be blocked ??

Today I have pulled the three plugs around the perimeter and back-flushed with a hose.

I'm now about to clean a rug (hopefully) to check if it is working okay, yes, I'm at home. Big Grin

I would have done this earlier but I've been too busy cleaning leathers $$$$$$$$$$$

And drinking fine wine Wink

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
AAAAAAARGHHHH, why does this always happen to me ??????????

Okay, cleaned said rug as in previous post, nearly all went okay to plan, as in the solution flowed freely.

However:::::::::::

The three little plugs around the base perimeter, which were quite loose to start with, fell out of their respective slots when working Big Yella.

Don't know if it was the same one each time or all three were falling out.

Couple of other things I've noticed since getting this machine:

On my old machine, the plugs were an opaque color, thicker substance and were a snug fit.

The ones on this new machine are red, fairly thin and are not as secure in the hole, hence they fall out easily.

The drive head on the old machine was horizontal to the floor, on the new one, the drive head is at a slight angle pointing down at the front.

As it is a floating head, I can't see how I can adjust this problem ??

The solution hose is also fairly thin in the wall and short, as it also keeps falling away from the tap at the base of the solution tank.

Whereas it is a very snug fit on top of the base head, it is quite loose at the top end.

Much as I hate to complain about my 'Mex; I do believe that the above should be brought to the attention of those in authority to rectify PRIOR to them going to the dealers for sale to the end users.

Shorty.

Cool

Rick, please forward to Truvox, or Cimex USA, if you think it will help the good name to remain.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Hi Shorty,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some grief. The machine that you have in Australia doesn't come from the same source as ours in the US do. Your machine comes out of Europe, and our US machines are now assembled in the USA. So there may be some slight variations in what you're getting, compared to what we see here. But from what you've described, it sounds like there may be some simple fixes.

The plugs should fit snugly in the drive deck "bowl" of the machine. It's possible, and even likely, that the plugs are now sourced differently than they were on your old machine, so there may be some variations in the plugs. But the ones we have been seeing on the US Cimex models (from Cimex USA) have been working fine. You might ask your local Cimex supplier for a new set of plugs - they're cheap.

Regarding the solution hose being too short, that's weird. Sounds like a manufacturing error if it's too short. The soft rubber supply hose needs to be the correct length for it to work properly. A replacement hose may be needed to sort that out.

Regarding poor flow, and a load of water gushing over the top of the blue drive deck (the bowl), indicates only one thing. Your machine has blockage and needs to be cleaned out. The head of the machine should be cleaned out on a regular routine. I recommend cleaning out the head at least once a month. In fact, when there is persistent blockage it may require multiple back to back clean-outs in succession.

Regarding the tilt of the head being at a different angle - that makes no sense at all. The machines themselves are designed the same as they always have been. And the Cimex can even handle adding larger wheels than the stock wheels without adversely affecting the tilt of the machine, as you've already discovered. The only explanation I can think of is that the supply hose may be too short and it's holding the head up in the back. The more I think about this, I really think you should get a new hose. Again though, I would recommend heading to your local Cimex supplier and ask them to have a look at it. Because what you're describing is clearly not normal.

What you've described with the flow backing up in the head of the machine is always caused by a blockage in your Cimex plumbing. Your Cimex Plumbing really really really needs to be cleaned out on a regular basis. Coagulated shampoo, mineral deposits, and other debris will completely crud up the head of the machine otherwise. Here is a PDF file showing how to do it.

http://excellent-supply.com/CIMEX_FLOW_M...CTIONS.PDF

I hope these suggestions help you get things sorted out. I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles. But like I mentioned above, the solutions to these issues should all be simple fixes.
Thanks Rick, your suggestions are (to a degree) what I was thinking.

What I can't understand is the blockage.

This machine is only three months old and had less than 20 hours on it when I bought it.

The previous owner was using the same solutions that I use.

(He actually drove the 41/2 - 5 hours to my place to work with me for a day using both the Sprayborg & Big Yella, then decided he'd get a Cimex.

His workplace then gave him a permanent day job and he stopped cleaning part time.

The machine was in mint condition, plus I got 2 x 20 litres of solutions & a box of beige pads for a ridiculous price.

Albeit, I had to drive down to his town to pick it up, no problem. Wink )

All up, less than 50 hours on the clock so to speak, so there should be no build up in the lines, but I have already given them a really good reverse flush.

This week-end I'll have a bit more time to devote to it and get everything sorted out.

I had already decided to get a new hose and new plugs.

I had replaced the plugs on my old faithful once in a decade, & I think that was from constantly removing & replacing them that they just got like me, old & worn out. Big Grin Tongue

I also replaced the hose after getting a new solution tank.

Believe it or don't but I'm STILL on the ORIGINAL BELT on my original Mex;

The ones for down under do not come with an on/off switch like the U.S. models, so I had one installed, this is because of Australia's somewhat antiquated safety laws which refer to rotary machines mainly.

The original on/off lever I still use after each tank fill to reverse the polarity of the brushes (electrical).

Apart from that I have not spent a cent on any maintenance for it, just brushes and pads plus drive boards.

One last point, my original was made in the U.K. now I'm not sure, BUT I think this "new one" may be manufactured in Asia ??

The build does not appear to be as solid or good ??

It's after 22:00

Ooroo.

Cool

Blush I know, I'm computer illiterate.....................

http://www.excellent-supply.com/404.asp?...CTIONS.PDF

Oops, page not found! You may have mis-typed the URL or the page doesn't exist. Try going back home.

I'm going back home...........

Goodnight, or is it good morning. Tongue
Hi Shorty,

You may have had a wonder machine with your old Cimex. Tongue But I've never seen a Cimex that can get by without frequent cleaning of the plumbing. It's a matter of fact that they get gunked up, and they require frequent, and sometimes aggressive cleaning to remove the clots. For as long as I've been running Cimex machines, we've always seen a need to clean out the plumbing once a month. If your "new" machine has around 50 hours on it, a clean out is needed. Shy

It's a simple process. Here is the link again with the PDF showing how to do it...
http://excellent-supply.com/cimex_flow_instructions.pdf

Get some rest. It'll all seem a little less stressful in the morning. Smile
Ta for that & yes, that's the way I do it, 'cept; I take the nozzle of and stick the the hose right over the brass outlet, it's a snug fit also. Wink

Crikey, I thought poor old Marty from 'Bama; was the only one I ever confused over there. Tongue

Yep, My Golden Oldie does get cleaned out regularly also, not once in a decade. Big Grin

I also use a small round file to scrape the gunk out.

Take care my friend & regards to the lovely trouble 'n strife. Wink

It's now 06:45, time to empty the van from last night and get to my first job.

Ooroo.

Cool
OH NO! I think I've just been compared to Marty. Sad
I'm having the same problem with my Australian delivered 15" Cimex. Doesn't matter how often I flush it through, I still get overflow from the reservoir.
I'm thinking of taking the head to bits to see what the problem is.
As for your solution feed tube being too short, the spares I bought from Tam at Steam master were 1 metre long (should be 1.2 metres)

Col F
How do you remove the base plate, etc; to check the reservoir ??

Is there a schematic diagram on the web I can download??

Ta,

Cool

OOPS>>>>>>>>>>>> Blush Angry Forgot about the Big Yella solution hose.

It's not the hose causing the problem, the head tilts down at the front, towards the floor. Huh

I'll see if I can get S.W.M.B.O. to hold it for me (Big Yella) Blush,while I get a pic today.

Or tomorrow.............
Taking the head apart is a major piece of work. It requires a special puller tool to remove the bowl. This is not something I would not recommend unless you have a strong flywheel pulling tool, and a lot of patience. We've walked a couple of guys through it (who got their hands on a tool), and they still struggled to get it apart. I would encourage you to deal with Cimex directly if these machines are newer and under warranty. The problems you're seeing Down Under is not anything we've seen with the Cimex's in our part of the world. It definitely is strange. I suggest seeking the assistance of your local Cimex supplier to help you get this sorted out.
Thanks Rick, I think.

Hot Dang, they's just about 1,200 miles south in Brisbane, or 1,100 + on the Sunshine Coast, but since the Bethels left the sunny coast, advice of this nature is fairly shortcoming.

I have heard of people requesting information and being told to Google it. Sad

Living in the sticks one learns how to adapt to many different problems.

I may see if my endoscope that I use for water damage, will fit in the plug hole and see what the inside shows tomorrow.

Could not find those little plastic plugs anywhere in my town, but have now got some solid rubber ones that are longer and tapered, only a buck a piece.

Being longer should make it easier to remove without causing damage as is easily done with those thin plastic ones.

Cool

PS:::: & I wouldn't REALLY compare you to $Marty ..... really, I wouldn't............... well... Tongue
My 2 cents for you Shorty,
You can add a little bit of silicone to those plumbing caps when you press them in and that should help them stay in place.
You can also visually check your solution flow thru each pad driver by filling the tank with a couple of gallons of water, then have someone lift the head about 6 inches off the ground and slowly spin the bowl while your partner squeezes the solution lever. You should get a good even volume of flow thru each head. It will usually flow out of one head at a time as you rotate because of gravity/angle of bowl.
You do have gravity there down unda right? LOL
I think I could get you a Cimex step by step bowl removal procedure if you need, but I can't imagine it should come to that if you do the clean out procedure correctly.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Thanks Rodney, I'm on my Pat Malone today so shan't be able to do it straight away.

Hopefully, when S.W.M.B.O. get's home this arvo; she'll be kind enough to do it.

If I finish off these leather jackets early enough, I'll rig up a jury system where I can elevate the head off the ground and use a bungy strap to hold the lever on while I stick me head underneath & rotate. Wink Big Grin

Thanks for the offer, but I doubt it'll come to the bowel removal operation. Wink Tongue

Cool
Whoa! It seems I am at wrong place. I can't read such lengthy posts!!
Sorry guys You carry on! GtG bye TC
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Thanks for your help & advice.

Would you like to borrow my copies of Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus ??

[Image: icon_wave_zpse735aaa4.gif]

Cool