• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where I am at.
Hi folks its been a few months since I first posted here asking for advice. So I thought I would give an update. Thanks to this site and quite a few phone calls to a very, very patient and informative bloke in Cairns AKA Shorty. I Purchased a Cimex. I also came across a second hand Rotowash for $250, I called Shorty to see if it was worth picking up (they sell for over A$3k new) he was somewhat astounded that I had not bought it on the spotBlush. So I went back and got itBig Grin

My main carpet work is cleaning carpet tiles for an event hire company, the Cimex makes easy work of it once the vacuuming is done. My Sebo has a hard job gouging out the seeds and dry grass that often gets walked in. So, taking inspiration from other CRB machines, I had the welders at the company knock me up a catcher for the Rotowash, and, in conjunction with the Sebo, it works great. There are a few adjustments needed, which are being worked on as I type.

Unfortunately these tiles really do get trashed, and after about 6 encaps the Mex really was not cutting it. Previously once the Sebo was not cleaning them I had needed to pressure clean the tiles (the mex has taken them far further than in the past) However there is no portable carpet machine I could find that has the flow and pressure to do the job.

So against most advice (I was told by many people that it would not work) I have assembled my own machine. Using a reasonable 60L wet/dry vac, a sump pump, 4 nozzle carpet wand, and my existing pressure cleaner, I now have a machine that can run at anything from 100 psi and 4 litres a minute to 1500 psi and 15 litres a minute (the pressure is limited by the valve on the wand, and the water flow by the ability of the vacuum to keep up), with continuous flow in and out.

Finding 2.5 inches of sand in the bottom of the machine, and a pile of dirt where the waste water pumped to, explains why I need that mixture of flow and pressure!!

The patchwork look to the tiles is due to the pressure cleaning and various use of the tiles.

I have also done several domestic jobs with the Cimex and I am doing a quote tomorrow for window and carpet cleaning, plus vinyl and timber buffing at a club.
[Image: 0be72315-c1dc-4a35-95e5-9efde3828373.jpg]
Before Water Extraction

[Image: 3668c0dd-9268-48de-9444-47644dbd1b23.jpg]
After

[Image: 06ce820e-5f19-4edc-a5a0-13663218ebe3.jpg]
Before Cimex

[Image: fca51fa9-17e3-46b0-b6b3-c5fdfe2286cd.jpg]
After Cimex;
those really dirty ones are in the foreground, you can still see a bit of shading, but hey what a difference. These were then encap'd four more times and are included in the first photo of the ones I wet extracted.

I have been having trouble with the images. I wanted to post this as well:

[Image: 11a526db-821e-49d0-93ed-2e35c05d0a88.jpg]
And the Rotowash. I have only one catcher at the moment, when we get that right we will make another. I am having the top extend down into the machine so that it separates the brush from the central drum. This makes it a really good dry pile lifter and is great at digging out grass and seeds.
[Image: 3b208a80-f95a-4200-9c50-8776d51395d3.jpg]
Lastly a photo for Shorty who has been bitching about having to go to "freezing cold Sydney" 70F btw.

Yes Shorty that is snow, and I had just finished a pressure cleaning job. For those who are wondering, packing that 6x4 trailer is geometrical challenge as it has a mex, pressure cleaner and whirlaway, rotowash, 60 lt vacuum, all hoses, wands, chemicals, pads, and various power tools Confused I Need a bigger Trailer

As part of the original thread, however the Bot kept telling me that I had exceeded the maximum limit of 6 images????
You're most welcome Nick (& thanks for six of the best reds) Wink

Great to see it's all coming together for you

As you know, if ever I can help, I'm only a phone call away.

It's now 20:16 & we just got home, standing in the ool at the moment with a cold stubbie, a feed of fish & chips & my trusty iPad catching up on the goss;

Gonna be 28c here tomorrow.

Had a great time in steak 'n kidney, but more of that later on FB or various FB carpet forums.

Take care, now get out there & make some more folding green stuff.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks Shorty, at least you are drinking Cold beer and not cold Red WineHuh
I picked up an RSL today (large social club for those not in the know) Windows, Carpets, Wooden Floors and Tiles including the kitchen every three months CHA CHING Big Grin

Quick question, I was not overly impressed with the CImex as a spray buff, my local cleaning supply shop reckons a dual 200/400 rotary machine would be better (dual because I can use it for carpets if needed). The Cimex runs at 400rpm would a single pad machine be all that different?

BTW after a magic weekend that started with Queen at Rod Laver Arena on Friday night and continued with blissful 20c heat and outdoor cafes and glasses of wine, we are now back to miserable rain and 12c
I think we need to make another trip down to Australia.
Nick,
been many years since I used a rotary or even spray burnished vinyl, but we generally found that the faster speeds gave a better shine, & if the floor was sealed using a "high speed" sealer/finish, then the gloss would "pop" better.

The above does not relate to "ultra high speed" equipment.

Rick:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Your rough travel itinerary:

Dep; Miami after Oz cyclone season, December - May, then - LA - Honolulu - Guam - Cairns - Mexico - then back home again home. Wink

Climate change permitting.

Be good to see you both down under again, been a long time.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........