• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex trouble
R48 purchased just over 3 years ago. has motor with yellow pastic shroud not the black motor.
Was running fine yesterday when it started making a growling sort of noise and tripped breakers. the motor would run but make that sound and after 20 secnds or so the breaker would trip.Angry
so i had to pack up my 3 year old machine and go get my 1986 dart 175 to finish the job.

what could the trouble be with the Cimex?Huh
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I would take it to a qualified electrician for diagnosis & repair.

I hate doing anything involved with electricity.

You generally only die once.

Having said that, I do my own repairs to electrical leads/extension leads, ONLY BECAUSE I have done a course on test & tag of electrical equipment & have an instrument that tells me what the fault is & whether or not it's safe to use.

I also test and tag all of my electrical equipment, but nobody else's.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
could be a failed bearing, most likely the center one. Check them all
Does it also trip the breaker if you tilt the pads off the floor and run the motor ?
Yes, it sounds like a bad bearing. Give Rodney a call at our office 727-821-2020. He's a wiz with the Cimex. He can probably help you sort out what the problem is over the phone.
thanks i will give rodney a call when i am able.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Much Belated follow up. Called Rodney, let him listen to the cimex over the phone and he said I needed a new motor. I Took The machine to a local motor shop and it tested out fine and I am still using it now. I think that when the problems occurred the solution feed was partially obstructed causing friction between the pads and the carpet. This was the result of some solution being left in the tank after a job. Glad that I didn't need a new motor.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Thanks for the update. That seems like an unusual condition to make a growling sound. But I sure am happy to hear your machine didn't need a new motor and that you're up and running again Smile
i was thinking that maybe something was wrong with that circuit to cause the Cimex to bog down and the circuit breaker was tripping itself...but that's just a layman's guess lol. glad you got it working again!