• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The VARIO gets an update
The VARIO machine has just received another nice addition!

As you probably already know, the VARIO represents the BEST value in the industry for an incredibly SMOOTH oscillating pad machine! We worked hard to get the Swingarm and wheel assembly to create a perfect balance so that the VARIO would handle smoothly and scrub well too.

But we've been itching to pull just a little extra scrubbing punch out of this machine. Early on we tested the VARIO with additional weights and it threw everything out of whack. The machine no longer handled dreamily - that's right DREAMILY Smile

Well we kept playing with the idea and I'm very happy to announce - we've found a good working solution. Drum roll please... Introducing the DECK WEIGHTS (shown below).

The DECK WEIGHTS adds 10 pounds of weight at exactly the right point to increase the machine's torque on the carpet. Adding extra pressure squarely to the nose of the machine brings the VARIO to a whole new level of scrubbing performance!

Best of all, we have this dialed in so that the weight won't mess up the smooth performance of the machine. The balance of the machine is still spot on. The only thing you notice with the DECK WEIGHT added is that it scrubs carpet with added authority. Plus the DECK WEIGHT set looks nice on the machine.

[Image: Deck-Weight.jpg]

The price for the DECK WEIGHT set is $129. The weights attach to the deck of the machine with strong velcro. In fact the DECK WEIGHT set could be added to just about any rotary floor machine very simply.

We can also provide a 20 pound weight set for those who want to really load up their machine. The 20 pound weight set will sell for $249. The 20 pound setup includes (4) 5 pound weights. However the 10 pound weight is really all you need for carpet cleaning.

Here's a link to the VARIO page...
https://www.excellent-supply.com/Commerc..._c_77.html
Nice Job Rick! I think 10 pounds is just about perfect. I just had (2) 5lb weights built for my Orbot. Guess I am a bit late on this offering.

Lee
I use 20 pound ankle weights and it helped for sure. It does handle awkwardly now though. Without the weights it did not do much. Now it is better but is unable to smoothly be used. It pulls a lot. May need to get your weights...249 for 20 pounds?
Yes, it's $249 for the 20 pound set.

However if you will situate your ankle weights in the location you see in the photo - you may achieve better balance - so try that first.

Also, if you decide to order the DECK WEIGHTS, I would suggest just starting off with our 10 pound set. It really should be all you need for carpet. The 10 pound set is pretty darn effective for carpet cleaning - plenty of agitation and very good balance.
(09-09-2014, 10:11 PM)encapman Wrote: Yes, it's $249 for the 20 pound set.

However if you will situate your ankle weights in the location you see in the photo - you may achieve better balance - so try that first.

Also, if you decide to order the DECK WEIGHTS, I would suggest just starting off with our 10 pound set. It really should be all you need for carpet. The 10 pound set is pretty darn effective for carpet cleaning - plenty of agitation and very good balance.
Thank you. Will try it.