• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laundry detergent in berber cpt?
I have a customer that spilled about 1/2 gl of laundry detergent on her berber cpt. I extracted with my portable and then encapped it. the spot came back. I told her I would try replacing the pad and flushing the carpet again but am still wondering if that will do it? anyone have any experiance with this type of situation?
I don't know how your extracting it but if it were me I would pull up pad , extract it from both the back and the front as much as you possibly can, also using a product like all fiber rinse should help to rent that soap out. If you have a water claw I would repeatedly saturate the carpet and extracted using the water claw, that should give you an extraordinarily thorough rinsing power. Even after all of that it may still wick. Manage your client's expectations walking in to the project.
Excellent advice above.

After following those steps. Speed dry the section. Get it dry!

After it's dry: You could follow up by spraying the spot with a few squirts from a trigger sprayer of a 50/50 mixture of Encap-Clean DS2. Brush it into the fiber. The strong Encap mix will help to encapsulate any possible residue and also help to control possible wicking.
I would get a gallon of liquid defoamer spray it in to the carpet also scrub it in to the carpet, extract it speed dry then encap
(09-09-2014, 11:32 AM)encapman Wrote: Excellent advice above.

After following those steps. Speed dry the section. Get it dry!

After it's dry: You could follow up by spraying the spot with a few squirts from a trigger sprayer of a 50/50 mixture of Encap-Clean DS2. Brush it into the fiber. The strong Encap mix will help to encapsulate any possible residue and also help to control possible wicking.
Hadnt thought of that rick, great idea and use of encapp. Basically your just encapping the fibers to eliminate the sticky stuff. Brilliant! They dont call you encapman for no reason.