• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pads shedding
Can anyone comment on pad shedding?

I have used all types of pads for cleaning commercial carpets with cimex, however the pieces of pad left on the floor can be a nuisance to pick up and slow down production.

I prefer the fiberplus pads, however I'm having a lot of shedding issues. Could be the carpet type, but I can't tell any difference on that factor.

Recommend a good pad that does not shed?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
i can't. perhaps you are not putting enough lubrication down (Encap Clean) when encap'ing, causing the pads to wear down prematurely?
The FiberPlus brand pads don't normally shed too badly. They contain a special binder material that reduces shedding and makes the pads last longer. They tend to last longer than other similar pads in the industry.
As Derek mentioned, it could be lack of lubrication. I've had the same thing happen occasionally. Sometimes applying a little more solution helps and others I had to increase the dilution ratio a little. And sometimes nothing helped except to keep going and clean up afterward.
Hmm I haven't had any sheding problems with the FP max pads at all!
I must admit that I have had shedding from the FP pads.

Sometimes, the velcro has even stopped the machine on the carpet.

This is when they start shedding and I start to think about new pads.

Funny thing, all the centers still have plenty of fiber in them, so am I rushing things. ??

Lost in Alabama.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Pad wear is normal. It's a progressive thing that takes place gradually as you're scrubbing. Be careful to avoid what Shorty mentioned (where the velcro wears all the way down to the carpet - that's BAD).

The beige FiberPlus pads usually last between 7,000-10,000 sq ft per installation before they wear down and need to be replaced. Of course there are variables such as carpet type, fiber construction, and actual speed of the cleaning. And there's also another significant factor, lubrication. If there's not enough, the pads will wear quicker. This can sometimes be an issue with the Cimex if one or more of the ports to the pad drivers get clogged. So it's a good idea to clean out the Cimex plumbing frequently so that you get good flow to all three drivers.

The FiberPlus Max pads wear about 20% faster than the standard beige pads because they do not contain the special binder material. On the flip side, they scrub dirty commercial glue down carpets about 20% quicker than the beige pads, so it all kinda works out in the end.
The only time I have problems with shedding is when there is not enough lubrication.
Err, just to set the record straight, I don't really run my pads down that low. ;-)

Resurrected in Far North Queensland.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........