• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Urine on Commercial Carpet
I have been asked to clean a room in an assisted living facility that has dog urine on it.
The carpet is an olefin commercial carpet that is loosely stretched over a wood subfloor.
I have vlm cleaned rooms in this facility before and it buckles at the slightest hint of moisture. The room had a resident with a small female Yorkie dog that had more than a few accidents. The facility tried to clean it with their own upright extractor but failed to get rid of the odor. I suggested taking the carpet up but they don't want to do that.

The equipment and chems that I have available for this are Orbot, Cimex and Tempo spotting machine with TCU, Hydrox and odorcide. What would be your plan of attack?
Odorcide would be an excellent choice.

Natures Miracle - available at Pets Mart works great too.

Also, a strong mix of Tea Tree oil is highly effective on urine.
Hydrox mixed strong plus Odorcide and lots of dwell. Probably going to have to blacklight and find the urine spots and use your spotter as well with Odorcide.
Thanks guys! I wonder if the blacklight will show anything after they already tried to clean it?
Continuing odor often times means moisture lurking somewhere. If you have a moisture probe, it might be more helpful at locating the problem than a blacklight, at this point.

Soak and rinse the the effected area with the TCU, using a Water Claw for rinsing and extraction, if you have one. Then I would use a bio-enzyme, injected, to handle any remaining odor causing bacteria. Put a fan on it to help it dry as quickly as possible.

If this doesn't work, they may in fact have to pull the carpet to inspect the subfloor for possible replacement.
Ed Elliott

After speaking with the owner again, he decided to take out the old carpet, inspect the subfloor and replace with new carpet. He gave me a couple of non urine soaked rooms to clean instead. Smile
Much better option on their part. In fact, there's a 99% chance that they'll be billing the occupant's family for the damage, so it's not coming out of their pocket anyway.
You could have made a couple bucks sealing the floor though.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(10-09-2014, 07:11 AM)the rugman Wrote: You could have made a couple bucks sealing the floor though.

I'll leave that to the local carpet guy. We refer work to each other and it has worked pretty well.
"go with the professional carpet cleaning company"... Where do you think you are pal or talking to?
Posted at 8:11am et.