• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Foam vs other carpet cleaners
I am looking at the Taski Dry foam system and would like to know if anyone here has used it or what your opinion is of it? I am new to this so be honest with me. I have not done much carpet cleaning, I am adding it to my commercial cleaning business.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
What makes you want to go with that system? Cost, equipment, ease of use?

Let us know and maybe we can give you more help.
Taski's Dry Foam machine is a clever idea to generate foam on a 175 rpm machine. However, there's not really a need to generate billowy foam like that. For example, Releasit encap shampoos will yield a nice light foam that provides the user with a visual cue that they're applying just the right amount of solution to the carpet. A 175 rpm machine is certainly an adequate scrubber. However a CRB, orbital or Cimex will produce far greater agitation. These other machines are also easier to operate with less strain on the body. I don't really think the Taski rotary machine with a foam generator will be all that impressive for you. There are more efficient ways to scrub a carpet.
I have a friend that used to do carpet cleaning. He just retired and bought a janitorial supply store.

He used a 175 machine with a carpet brush and the applicator tank on the machine to scrub the carpet and then went over it with a portable with just clean water to rinse out the soap, he says it worked awesome that way. Does anyone else use this method? Is it a good method?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If you got a wallbanger (175) and a solution tank why not just buy some Releasit? Like I said before, it is like a carpet cleaning business in a bottle. No real need to rinse out the "soap".
Ok dumb question but why not rinse out the soap?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Cause it dries and can be vacuumed out.
There are no dumb questions...but there are dumb carpet cleaning methods. You are at the right place to avoid buying one.
I spent the first several years cleaning commercial carpet with the 2 step method that you mentioned above. Shampoo with a rotary and then extract. It works. But it isn't consistent. On a carpet that is prone to wicking it is problematic. Recurring spill stains will occur because the carpet is left on the wet side.

Once I discovered the encap method things took a major change in my carpet cleaning business. Now we could get CONSISTENTLY GREAT RESULTS. That's important, because at that point I was sending out techs, and we couldn't afford to have issues. I needed every job to turn out great, because making a return to fix a problem would zero out our profit.

Encap solved all the problems.There was no more wicking. There were no more recurring spill stains. There were no more carpets looking duller and more dingy over the course of time. Instead we were able to produce very consistent results. This transformed our business. We could now clean with ONE machine - ONE method and get awesome results all the time. It revolutionized our cleaning business.

From that point I shared what I learned with others in the industry. I also went looking for better chems and the Releasit line was developed, as well as Excellent Supply. I welcome you to try something that will make your business fly - if you're open to giving encap a try. But don't take my word for it. Ask the other folks here with real life experience what it's done for their business.
ok Encap is that like bonnet cleaning or different?

Is that like the cimex machine?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
encapsulation (aka encap) is the cleaning solution used, ie: Releasit Encap Clean, which encapsulates the soil into a brittle crystal that is vacuumed away in future vacuumings. likely your local friend has never heard of it.

the Cimex is the machine we most all use here to apply and agitate the encap cleaning solution into the CGD carpet. most here do not use the Cimex on resi carpet. for that we use either an OP machine or HWE.

here are some video's of Rick and his team explaining and showing how encap works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Releasit/videos
This video in particular should help to give you a quick overview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukTKBdOMhnU&list=UU6Y4YKLp3qZRSfVeAOqTZpg
I never cease to be amazed at the great advice given out on this forum, especially to new guys, or blokes like me that always ask the dumbest of questions.

This truly is a "Friendly Forum" where advice is always forthcoming.

Thank you members for helping me out over the years.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
If there is one thing I have learned from being on the forum is never take Lounge Lizards advice.

Wink
I love VLM for carpet cleaning. I will say that I use a two step process on residential and rat nastys. I own a VonSchrader LMX and use their products. What I like about the system is that the brush will dig deep down into the carpet fibers. The stuff that I pull out of the carpets is amazing, even after I have vacuumed it with a Certified Pile Lifter. The 2nd thing that I like , is that it does extract the dirt back into the machine. After that I will spray the carpets with either Rick's Realasit or another Encap solution , then use my 175/300 rpm buffer with a cotton bonnet pad. I do this for three reasons. One, it will pick up more dirt , two , the LMX cannot get close to the baseboards , and finally , it is dry when I walk out of the customers house. If you are going to use Dry Foam, I suggest using a bucket heater, it is a game changer with dry foam cleaning. On CGC , my 175/300 works great by itself. I have thought about getting an OP machine because I do use an Oreck Orbitor on staircase's after I extract with a portable spotting machine. It does a great job however a larger one would make life much easier. I do like the one Rick sells better than the others for a few reasons. First , I can see it lasting much longer than the other two and 2nd , because I have Never seen a carpet cleaner complain about Rick or anyone at Excellent Supply. There customer service is top notch, just like the service that I receive from VonScharder. I hope that this helps.