• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Foam vs other carpet cleaners
(09-27-2014, 03:33 PM)jtmellon Wrote: If there is one thing I have learned from being on the forum is never take Lounge Lizards advice.

Wink

May I ask why ??

Have I given some misinformation that I am unaware of ??

If so, please enlighten me.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
He's giving the wink sign there Shorty Wink ... I think he's pulling your leg!

If there's one guy around here who has added a lot of great content through the years it's been you. Thank you Smile
Dang Yankees, I was thinking as much.Blush

Wait 'til i get over there, then lookout. Wink

I'se gonna roll a Big Yella over yer toes.

Accidentally of course. Wink Tongue

Ta for the heads up Rick, I owe you a Starbucks Guinness. Shy

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
More like I ought to buy you a pint mate Smile
Just having fun with you Shorty. As you and I being one of the old guys here. If I can't have fun with you then there is no point of me being here.

And you always give the best advise. I have learned a lot from you. Even if I do need a dictionary to understand what you're saying.
Crikey mate, you're half as bad as me old china plate $Marty from 'bama; Wink

All good fun.

'cept; I'm NOT THAT OLD. Angry

Cool

PS: Websters Dictionary defines "china plate" as Oz strine meaning "mate" or in the case of Americanization, "buddy". Tongue
Thanks for explaining that.

You people are weird down that way.
(10-20-2014, 06:17 PM)marty.pork Wrote: Thanks for explaining that.

You people are weird down that way.

Pot calling the kettle black................Big Grin Big Grin

Okay, sorry, let's get back on track. Blush

For an easy talk.........

Releasit products do not contain soap as such, but, I believe, have a polymer in the solution that stops the solution sticking to the carpet, and any soiling to be also encapsulated.

When this dries, it dries similar to a crystal type product which breaks down to a very fine powder that is then easily vacuumed away.

The post (after) vacuuming, to me, is the extraction part of carpet cleaning.

Pre-vacuuming is most important to remove any dry particulates from the carpet, just as one would do if they were using older methods.

Heavy soil loads in a carpet would also require other methods of extraction prior to encapsulation cleaning with a Cimex to gain the best results.

That's my take on it.

I'm happy, my customers are happy.

Win, win situation.

Cool
Shorty makes a good explanation of how Releasit works. Here is a simple explanation. Everything on the one hand is matched by encap polymer on the other hand. There is a careful balance to the formulations. For all of the surfactant/detergent ingredients in the formula there is also an equal amount of polymer. Everything on the detergent side is balanced on the polymer side; so you can never get a detergent buildup with Releasit. It's a tight wire walk. Balancing the polymer with the other ingredients requires finesses from a chemical formulators perspective. Getting this balance just right drove our chemist crazy, but I wouldn't settle till we had a product that was solid on the cleaning side of the equation, yet also exhibited excellent crystallization. This is why the products work so well. They are TRUE encap products. A lot of so called encap products in the industry contain little or no polymer, and their performance reflects that. Polymer isn't cheap, in fact it's the most costly part of the formula. Soap is cheap. I guess that is why so many companies come up short on the use of polymers in their "encap" products.
I would like to be able to successfully clean residential carpets using a VLM system. I just can't see it being as fully functional as HWE. For instance, how do you approach cleaning steps or upholstery?
For me, it depends on the fabric & the soil level as well as the type of soil, ie; water soluble or oil based.

Upholstery:

I mainly use my Makita Variable speed polisher after vacuuming the furniture.

This is then pre-sprayed with my choice of solution.

I use various bonnets under the Makita, replace each one before they start to get too soiled.

Each piece is then toweled off to remove any remaining soil and also to help dry the fabric as well as leaving the pile laying in the same direction if it is a cut pile.

By toweling off, I can also see when the fabric is clean.

This could be the "extraction" process compared to water extraction.

I do have a water based solution that I use on oil based soils.

With extremely soiled pieces, I will also rinse/extract after agitation with the Makita.

Sorry, I don't have a photo of my Makita.

[Image: LisaWagner002.jpg]

Stairs:

Again, I use a couple of different methods.

Depending on how I see the stairs, I will use my Cycle Orbital Polisher from Hos with two brushes on, this comes with an extension handle which allows me to clean whilst standing up.

The Hos Micro used to come with two handles when I bought mine, I believe that it now comes with only the short one (NO PUN), I only carry the short one as it also fits into my tool box along with the machine, spare brushes and pads.

[Image: IMGP0744.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0741.jpg]

After vacuuming, I pre-spray, starting at the base, I do the risers until I reach the top, then come back down spraying the treads.

I then have the Cyclo pointing away from me and clean the risers, again starting at the base & going up to the top.

I then stand 2-3 steps down from the top step and clean the treads as I come down.

I will also towel the treads and sometimes still even will extract.

Other times I will use my Oreck 12" orbital, but I don't find this as easy as others here do.

Don't have a photo of the Oreck either.

[Image: rick-shorty.jpg]

Hope this helps and puts a smile on your face. Wink

Cool