• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who cleans tile?
Yes, my friends its me, again. Been asked to clean a tile floor. I have my trusty cimex but don't have nylon brushes *yet.* so,

Who cleans tile?
What do you charge per sq ft?
What machine do you use and brushes or pads?
Best cleaner for tile and grout?

Thanks fellas!
Zep Purple Industrial Cleaner & Degreaser. Rinsed with plain water and denatured alcohol. Wear gloves. Make sure air is moving.

That's a cheap and effective way to do it. If you mix it strong and let it dwell about 10 minutes you can almost just mop it up.
Procyon tile cleaner....very good
Ryan Van Donge
Best Choice Carpet Cleaning
Cimex with brushes is fine, but you will need a stiff grout brush too. No way around it. Don't forget to make yourself a splash guard with plastic garden edging that you can buy from the big box hardware store. Rinse and suck up the slurry with a porty.

Aqua Mix is nice, neutral ph, and does a good job in most circumstances. Grout Devil when you have something rugged.

$1/SF minimum in resi work in my area.
Ed Elliott

Wow Ed what area are you in? We have guys down in Florida only charging .35 per sq ft. We can't even get .50 per sq ft. So your price is awesome!
NJP - I am in southwest Virginia. Most of the tile we see is in kitchens, baths and entryways. The total SF might be smaller than what you may typically see in Florida, where tile might be more prevalent as a floor covering. That being said, I simply won't break out the tile cleaning circus unless it is worthwhile. We always shoot for $100+ gross billing per hour, regardless of what we are cleaning, and we have a $90 minimum trip charge.
Ed Elliott

Hey Ed, again that's some great prices you able to get. I wished we were able to get it down here. LOL But hey get what you can get.
Tilemaster from Interlink is fantastic.