• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To call or not to call...
How many of you call every customer a day or two after you complete the job to check and see if they are happy? I am very good at writing thank you notes and I offer a complete 100% guarantee if there is a problem. I guess my doctor, lawyer, accountant or mechanic never calls me to see if I am happy but was wondering what other folks are doing in the carpet cleaning world?
I am an owner/operator so I do not call, If I ran crews I think it would be a good idea to stay on top of customer satisfaction.
I think it makes good sense to call. It only takes a minute to call someone to check whether or not they liked everything. That added dose of customer contact goes a long way toward making sure that you've checked off all their boxes. Of course I'm biased, since this is a part of what we do at Excellent Supply. Smile
Yes. Call every customer, every time! That's all you need to know. Oh yeah. And listen to Ricky Gee cuz his crew has it down to a science. The man is a customer service MONSTER!
We do call each & every one.

There is one important thing to remember here, don't just call them and listen to them.

Really take notice of what they say and ask if there is anything else that you could have done to improve your service for them.

Make them feel wanted & important, but not in a gushy, smothering way.

Be upfront and honest with them.

If they do have any problem at all, don't just give them advice over the phone, get back out there asap and do what needs to be done.

They are paying you for the lifestyle you live, they ARE important.

If you keep them as clients, that is one less client for someone else to service.

Just my thoughts on this matter of customer retention.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Commercial customers - yes. Residential - thank you card.
Also depends on the custy. Some commercial accounts can't be bothered and don't want to hear from you. Some like their hands held. If you have crews and accounts - a scheduled walk through by you 2x a year is a great idea.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If Rick and Shorty agree, its good enough for me. I will be calling from now on!