• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residential
I have inlaws that want to hire SS to do their home cause they were told that pad-capping and encapping destroys carpets and is not safe. I offered to demo it for them but they are "experts" on everything.

Anyone know of an article I can send them that shows that Orbot type cleaning is safe for carpets?
I figure if they read it on the web they will believe it finally since they Google everything before they do anything. (you know the type)
How much do you Love your in-laws? They know you are a cleaner &
don't hire you. Let them learn the hard way. Let them pick the other company & see
what kind of service they got & how clean their carpets are. They will beg you to clean. UndecidedBig GrinHuhAngrySmile
Personally, I wouldn't be bothered.

If they can't accept the word of an in-law, I would consider them out-laws.

Be happy for them, it's their money & they can spend it as hard and as fast as they want to. Wink

Let them enjoy the experience of dealing with a franchise.....

They would probably also expect a very generous discount for "giving you" the work in preference to SS.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
agree but still thought the info would be valuable. Never know when it might come in handy for others. Funny that I cannot find anything stating this.
You asked the question and you received good, no great advice, now go with it. Don't waste your time. Nothing you show them is going to make them change their minds. I know I have those type of in laws. Don't waste your time or there's.

Years ago, my uncle and his business/life partner owned a retail store. The store had lots of windows, both my uncle and his partner knew I was starting out in the janitorial business. I drove by the store one day and low and behold there was some guy out there washing their windows. Man, was I hurt. Then I said to myself you know what, screw em both. If they would have called me I would have had to give them a discount.
Hard to argue with "experts"!
I really worry sometimes what would become of these type of people if the internet would somehow, someday, disappear. It has come to the point that people like this cannot even make the simplest decisions without Googling and reading reviews. I recently watched them with curiosity, spend over an hour looking up how to fry an egg properly.
Tell them to call Stanley Stumbler and ask for it extra wet.
Don't worry MD. There are those who lead and there are those who look to others to fry an egg. Just be happy you do not belong to that group!
So I guess the moral of this story is not to keep all your eggs in the one basket??

Variety (I'm told), is the spice of life, don't just stick with the one type of customer that will continually shatter your shell and give you grief.

Spread yourself around amongst the better eggs, even if you have to poach them from other cleaners. Blush

After being in this business for a few years, one tends to become a tad hard boiled over sensitivities.

Don't fret over them and get all SSteamed up.

There's more than one egg in the box.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Tell them to hire Stanley Soaker. Then immediately follow with a solid white glad. Spray some chem down, do a walk and back, flip it over, shake your head, laugh, and walk away.
Let them use Stanley. Then show them reviews from the sites of your pals here where customers rave over how happy they are with their clean encapped carpet. Rub in vigorously.
Stanley is my neighbor...real dbags. Always bragging about how well they do and how many vans. Lol.
I would use straight facts from the internet encyclopedia. :

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_carpet_cleaning

But as others have said, no since wasting too much time trying to convince a doubter. Even if they let you clean the carpet, and even if it looks great, they may still believe SS could have gotten a better, deeper clean...LOL - let them try ole Stanley and if they are so educated in carpet care, they will readily see what most others see, a 2 out of 5 star effort.
Michael,

Many cleaners are not aware that the Orbot is CRI approved. Send the link to the know-it-all's and maybe it'll help:

http://www.carpet-rug.org/CRI-Testing-Pr...stems.aspx