• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food for thought
I sometimes clean restaurants early in the morning. Many of them have carpeted area and tiled areas. What I have noticed is they generally wet mop the tiled area in the morning and this takes about an hour in some cases. Let's do some math. The cleaning cost of the tile is about an hour a day plus what ever chemicals they use. Let's not forget mop heads etc. The carpeted area sometimes gets an half assed vacuuming. But let's just focus on the tile for now. What the owner does not realize is the wet mopping process could be costing upwards of $1000 every 90 days based on an hourly wage of $10 per hour. The best part is vacuuming and scheduled carpet cleaning costs much less. If the commercial customer has tile and carpet They probably don't realize the carpet vs tile cleaning costs. It is a fact that most business owners don't understand that carpet has the lowest maintaining cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a very interesting comparison. I like your numbers. I had never thought of that aspect of building maintenance costs before. In fact, you could probably work that information into a sales presentation for a new client.
I have a small restaurant chain I clean for that has learned that valuable lesson.

They have 4 locations that I am cleaning the carpet in monthly. In one of the locations they decided to rip out all the carpet and tile the whole thing. It didn't take long for the manager to absolutely hate it. They have an employee spending a couple of hours every day scrubbing and mopping it and it always feels dirty walking on it, not to mention the grout looks like crap.

Eventually the manager was able to talk the district manager into letting me clean the tile every 6 weeks. She was very resistant though because when she had it installed she thought it would never need professional cleaning. She was insistent that it was looking like crap because the manager was getting it mopped nightly or wasn't following their "mopping procedure".

Bottom line is they were paying me $150 every 4 weeks for carpet and they are now paying me $350 every 6 weeks for tile cleaning. I don't think they'll be ripping the carpet out of the other locations. Smile
Brilliant stuff. Idea
Thanks for sharing that!
This is what this forum is here for. Smile
Hey don't forget to factor in all that time they spend wet mopping. Now that tile truly is costing a fortune to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk