• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush Pulley
This is where the 6 spot welds were rubbing the head. They are loose can they be welded again?
I had a very hard time getting pulley off it kind of pulled in some where the 3/8 bolts threaded into it. And started to push the brush spindle out too.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Ades

It might be difficult to get that welded and keep it all balanced and concentric. That'd be my only concern with that. But perhaps you might to bring it to a local welder and ask if they can handle it.

BTW you get the award for most creative Cimx problem of the year. In the multitude of Cimex's we've sold - that's the first time I've heard of that happening. You're special Wink

If you need new pulleys we can get you a set of them.
You know i have been asking questions a lot about the noise it was making for a long time, everybody keep saying bearings but the bearings are fine.

Hey Rick i have put a new one on works great. I received a call this morning from Excellent Supply asking if i received the part. Thanks for the great service.

p.s. I know i'm special just ask Rick Lord LOL
Hi Ades, see you got the "typical Excellent service" from Excellent-Supplies.

Thanks for the Mex; diagnosis, hope the problem is cured now.

Work is slow down under at the moment, so if you need a "Special" driver for the "Special Bus" ................ just sayin'.

Shorty ;-)
OK here's the fix for the pulley the rivets are twisted or have like threads on them so when they are driven into the brush pulley they turn to tighten up. Then are spot welded to hold them in place. I took a hammer and a flat chisel an hit them to tighten again. now get it tack welded

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-02-2012, 12:35 PM)Ades Gros Wrote: OK here's the fix for the pulley the rivets are twisted or have like threads on them so when they are driven into the brush pulley they turn to tighten up. Then are spot welded to hold them in place. I took a hammer and a flat chisel an hit them to tighten again. now get it tack welded
Hey Ades, that was a slick approach for fixing the pulleys. Thanks for sharing that solution with us. That'll be helpful for us, if we ever have a customer with this same problem. And it may also be useful for anyone else who might run into this down the line and happens to do a search online and finds your information here on how to fix Cimex pulleys.

Thanks again!
OK i used my cimex today and let me just say it sounds brand new again no noise.