• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VARIO VS ORBOT ORBITECH OP'S
It looks like Rick as done a nice job with the Vario, I was just wondering for those who have actual experience running the Vario with the weight kit vs an Orbot with a weight kit, how they compare to each as to:
1. Cleaning ability
2. Speed of cleaning
3. Ease of use
  Reply   Purge Spammer
idk but am curious as well.

on a side note, the Orbot is not made by Orbitech. it is made by HOS.
Are they still made by HOS? Noticed Windsor slaps their logo on them now
[Image: Tazthetasmaniandevil_zpsb243be1b.jpg]
Still made by HOS. Windsor rebadges almost their entire product line. A lot of vacuums are just rebadged Sebos.

I own both machines.

My experience, Orbot is a bit better performer. A bit more stable, moves straight back and forth easier. Orbot is a better looking machine imo.

However, if I was buying another machine today, it would be the Vario. Orbot is just too expensive now. It's not thousands of dollars better. Vario is the best deal around for a new OP machine from my point of view.
And now that we have the new weight kit for the Vario machines - the scrubbing performance is even better!
If I had to choose between my vario and cimex I would choose the cimex all day long. Faster, built like a tank, reliable, and looks impressive. Don't have an orbot, but have 2 ops and a cimex. Just my opinion of course. Regardless buy from Rick. Best customer service ever!
Ps. Selling my vario if interested?
I'm assuming this Vario machine is an OP machine? Are most if you VLM cleaners using your OP machines on residential and your Cimexs on commercial?
Yes & yes, or at least I do.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(10-28-2014, 10:27 PM)marty.pork Wrote: I'm assuming this Vario machine is an OP machine?

Yes it is an OP machine. It's about half the price of other OP machines on the market these days. Smile

http://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-Or...p_563.html
Yes it is an op. If interested please pm me. Thanks
Does Shorty's OP turn backwards down there?
(10-29-2014, 03:20 PM)marty.pork Wrote: Does Shorty's OP turn backwards down there?

Depends which way you are standing at the time, and whether or not you are standing on your head, or been dumped there from a great height, (insert 'bama; here). Tongue Wink

Seriously, it turns the same way as our water going down the sink. Big Grin

HOWEVER, with my "Big Yella", or Richard machine, "The Mex;", this machine, just like me, is ambidextrous.

This $Marty, means that both the machine or myself, can work in opposite directions, although not at the same time.

Unless we've stopped for a coffee fix. Wink

Hope this helps.Tongue

NEXT !!!!!!!!

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Do you use an OP machine, Shorty?
Thank you for your question Marty, I have three.

A Sprayborg, a Small 12" Oreck and an oblong plated OP called the Carpet Gem, which I believe is actually an Argonaut machine re-branded and made in 220/240 volt.

I use them as needed depending on the job at hand.

Cool