• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a Cimex newb
I bought mine about two months ago from Rick and played with it for a bit to get up to speed with it. The hardest thing to get used to for me was not soaking the carpet in the turns and learning what to do to prevent those drips when you stop the machine. Once I got that figured out ( sussed out for the inbreds down under) I was confident enough to put it into play. Today I used it on my mega-church monthly cleaning account. This is the account that I really bought it for.

All I can say is I wish I'd bought this thing years ago.

I have a restaurant to clean on Monday. While I am going expecting to HWE it, I am going to try the Cimex on it. Encap Punch?
Congratulations Marty, I knew you'd pull through with your talents.

It does take a different mentality, ie looking at the problems and realizing the benefits through a different set of eyes.

I believe that you will do well with your "New Toy" Wink

[Image: 2007_0726Piggsly0002.jpg]

Have a great week-end.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I'm not certain what encap punch is for. Is it good for grease?
Use ds2.. I clean a few restaurants and sometimes have to hot water right by kitchens but cimex the rest
Ryan Van Donge
Best Choice Carpet Cleaning
Yes, Encap Punch IS good for grease.

For grease &/or oils, I would first per-spray Encap Punch, then follow-up with cleaning with the Cimex using DS2 in the solution tank.

Pre-spraying the Punch allows it to work on the grease & associated oils, then the Cimex & DS2 cleans it up nicely, encapsulating the whole smorgasbord of soils. Wink

Well, that's how (Premium Pi.. oops), I clean anyways. Big Grin Tongue

[Image: Pigsfly_zps2532f653.jpg]

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Marty,

Shorty nailed it. As he usually does. Cool

Encap-Punch can be used as an encap pre-spray to loosen and emulsify the oily embedded soil. It does a great job on oily stuff. After you apply Encap-Punch to the oily sections, and allow a few minutes of dwell time, you're good for scrubbing with Encap-Clean DS2.

You'll normally find that you can dispense less Encap-Clean DS2 following a pre-spray of Encap-Punch. Following Encap-Punch, the cleaning with Encap-Clean DS2 will be even easier and quicker; and all the while you'll be using less DS2.

Please feel free to give me a call Marty. I'll be happy to help you. I'm sure that once you get a good understanding of how Encap-Punch works, how Encap-Clean DS2 works, and how to get the dance moves down with your new Cimex - you'll come to see that this is an excellent way to maintain your commercial accounts.

Welcome to the world of encap! Smile
Surprisingly, it cleaned the greasy restaurant quite well. If the carpet had been laid on smooth concrete, it would have been even better.
Onya $Marty, ( good on you ).

This machine used with QUALITY products is a real game changer.

I feel real good when I read your posts about your success with the Cimex. Blush

If ever I have been unsure about anything, I always ask, and I've never been let down here with the EXCELLENT advice from the EXCELLENT members.

Oh yeah, Ricks' staff are also EXCELLENT.

So is Rick. Wink

Take care, enjoy & reap the benefits of an EXCELLENT system.

Cool

PS::: Do you run both types of pads?

Do you also carry the brushes?

One more item I always have in my van is a spare drive board or three, just in case the velcro comes adrift during a job.
http://giphy.com/gifs/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/html5
LOL

Rick's twin?? Wink

Cool
All I have are the super hard gray pads and the lighter textured gold ones. Of course, I used the gray ones on that job. Do I need brushes?

By the way, I stopped by that rest. this afternoon to get the check and the carpet looked great.

The only thing I didn't like about Cimexing it was that I couldn't clean up close to things.
Providing you vacuum well along walls, there usually is not much foot traffic against the wall.

There is also a triangular brush on a stick, much like a grout brush, that you can use to agitate the solution in those other areas.

Okay, I've done answered as much as I could, time to go to work, four jewelers shops this week & another two next week, all cream. Big Grin

Cool
Once again, Shorty answered correctly Smile

Here is the Edge Brush that he mentioned...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Edge-Bru..._p_11.html
He didn't answer my question about needing Cimex brushes!
The SOFT Cimex brushes are used for soft rugs (such as oriental rugs). There are also more aggressive brushes - these are ideal for textured mats and ceramic tile. For all other commercial carpet, the FiberPlus pads and the FiberPlus Max pads will work very nicely.