• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ds2 or Punch
I use vlm on high rise condos that are inaccessible with the truckmount. These are typical residential type carpets, generally a step better than what you might see in apartments and they don't allow pets in most of these so pet issues are rare. My method is pre vac, pre spray, one pass with vario and microglide pads, additional passes with superzorbs as needed and then groom with the crb.

I've been using encap-hydrox on light colored berbers and either punch or ds2 on cut pile.

My question is choosing between ds2 and punch? I think I've read before that ds2 was better for straight encap and punch better for bonnet cleaning but I have no idea why that would be? Obviously ds2 at the 4 Oz per gallon would be preferable to me than punch at 8 Oz per but I'm not opposed to using punch of the results will be better.

Man that was drawn out for such a simple question, sorry. Wink
I'm new at this and I'm confused about what's for what too.
We were all in the same position when we started Marty, so don't feel bad or embarrassed.

Heck, I had over thirty years of HWE under my belt when I first met Rick about a decade ago in the old Riviera at Connections.

He set me straight right from the start.

You just have to take a different mind set and follow advice from many here, not necessarily what I say either.

Anything you want to know, just ask.

One thing that I always think of when I started getting bashed by those that WILL ONLY do HWE, is if Encap; is no good, how did Rick, John G, & so many others gain such excellent reputations for their work??

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(10-28-2014, 07:01 PM)joey895 Wrote: I think I've read before that ds2 was better for straight encap and punch better for bonnet cleaning but I have no idea why that would be?

The reason is this... A product that is intended for bonnet cleaning or OP cleaning (like what you're doing with the Microglide or Superzorb bonnets) should be a low foaming product.

Why "low foaming"? Because bubbles create a layer, a thin barrier, between the carpet and the bonnet. We don't want a cushion of bubbles between the carpet and the absorbent pad. That's why good bonnet cleaning detergents are generally low foaming products.

Encap-Punch is a low foaming product, as it can be used in HWE applications. It also contains more solvents (has extra punch). So it works great for bonnet cleaning.

Encap-HydrOx is a medium foaming product. It creates a little more foam than Encap-Punch, but not as much as Encap-Clean DS2. So it's great for lighter colored carpets or where there is browning, or biological contaminants/staining.

If I were doing a lot of bonnet/OP cleaning like you're doing, I would recommend Encap-Punch for your primary encap cleaner. Although you can also get great results using a product that has more foam, like Encap-Clean DS2, there is an advantage to not having too much foam in a bonnet cleaning product.
What's the difference between Ds2 and Releasit?
Releasit is the company name; the brand name.

Encap-CleanDS2 is our premium encap shampoo, mixes at 4 oz per gal.
I guess I've been using the wrong stuff. I've been pre spraying with Punch and then cleaning with DS 2 under the OP machines. Still foams, but a lot less than with the Cimex.
You know....I guess I'll be a smart butt.... but isn't all of this info on the labels?
Not on the sample bottles I got.
Labels ?? labels ??

I'se a man, I doesn't need to read no labels !!!

Marty, YOU got samples ??? Angry

I wuz never given no samples. Angry Angry

Yews sure do lives in da lucky country. Sad

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
You do know that we don't actually talk that way, don't you?
I've spoken with Rambo, and HE assures me that YOU do. Wink

'n he just lives up the 85, northeast of you a little bit. Big Grin

Plus, I also watch those movies made in the greater south yo know?

Just keep using DS2 & Punch & you shouldn't go wrong.

Idea I have faith in you $Marty. Confused

Cool
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_70.html

That was hard really hard Marty
Have to also mention encap bio. Works as well as DS2 in my opinion and gives you the chance to talk up "green" while earning some green!