• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cimex machine
My fairly new cimex machine has been doing more sitting in the garage than it is being used. Before I use it again would you think there would be any calcium buildup or anything you would reccommend I do before using the machine to make sure when I do use it it will be funtioning properly?(I've got to get busy)
It wouldn't hurt to do some basic maintenance on the Mex; before you put her to work.

I don't know how long or for why it sits in the garage, mine is in use every day, but I would check out the following.

Do a visual inspection on the wiring first to make sure nothing is damaged.

If it is, get an electrician to repair it.

If nothing is obvious, connect the power lead to an RCD (Residual Current Device), and plug that into a power point and run the Mex;

If there is an electrical problem, the RCD will cut out the electrical supply and stop you from getting a shock.

Make sure all switches and levers are operating smoothly.

Remove the filter from the solution tank and ensure it is clean.

Remove the three drive boards/pad holders.

Remove the three plastic lugs from the side of the blue disc and with a rat tail file, (small round file), scrape away any build-up.

Remove the quick release from the end of your garden hose and flush the
lines out thoroughly, you can do this by placing the hose over the metal
solution tube that lets solution onto the pad drivers and back
flushing.

Flush the solution tank before replacing the filter.

Gently remove the solution hose from the base plate and flush the line out from the solution tank.

There are Calcium/Lime/Rust products on the market that will also help avoid build-up problems, how well they work I don't know.

Work the Mex; for some time before using it on a customers carpet, better to find any problems while still at home.

Hope this helps.

Now get your rear-end into gear and get out there and start working that Big Yella, it won't make you money sitting in the garage.
Don't store it with solution in tank try to use it up. Then rinse with water. Mine doesn't get used everyday but when it does i always flush it out with water. Yes you want to run it and check it out good at home first before getting to job.
Some good advice above. Actually about the only thing that ever needs ongoing maintenance - especially if the machine has been idle, is to clean out the plumbing. Old solution and mineral build-up can get crudded up in the system. So it's a good idea to regularly clean out the plumbing. This PDF that we put together will walk you through it.

http://excellent-supply.com/CIMEX_FLOW_M...CTIONS.PDF