• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church Sanctuary
I have a church sanctuary that I maintain quarterly. It's huge. Takes me 8 hours to wand it. They recently replaced the carpets. The last carpet lasted 16 years. Much to my credit, if I do say so. I maintained the original carpets from day one, as well. They let me spec the new, and I chose a cut pile nylon. They chose the color. The stain resistance is wonderful. I know because my wife spilled a whole cup of Mickey D's sweet tea on it right in the middle of church service the second Sunday! I watched the tea snake it's way down the middle aisle from the back of the church to puddle right in front of the pulpit. Not a drop of it soaked in! The preacher told me later that he first thought it was a snake.

I've been HWE'ing it for a couple of years now, but now that I've got the Cimex, I'm wondering if I can encap it? I'm worried about using the pads that came with the machine. I have both the gray and the tan ones, but I think they are too aggressive. I worry about them abrading away the stain resistance.

Is there something else I can use?
Well, I encap my church all the time. Actually every Monday morning . We have 60,000 sq ft. I start at one location and by the time I'm finished I start over again. Never had a problem yet. Our carpets are stain resistant also. But no one is allowed in the sanctuary with drink or food. LOL. The lobby is a different story we serve drinks and food there. It still takes care of the spills with no problem. JMO
Marty the beige FiberPlus pads on the Cimex are totally safe. We have guys using the FiberPlus pads on their Cimex to wash delicate wool rugs in rug pits. So it's certainly safe for a nylon commercial cut pile carpet. A rotary machine could damage carpet, but a planetary machine is very different. In fact, the planetary action of the Cimex is totally SAFE for most fiber. As the drive platform turns clockwise, the pads/brushes spin counter-clockwise. You're scrubbing left and right at the same time. As you would be damaging the carpet - you're simultaneously un-damaging it. This left right scrubbing action is about as safe as you can get. Oh, and it's - it's highly effective at cleaning too! You'll be fine.

[Image: No_Fear_logo.png]
Ok, thanks! I'll gird up my loins and suck up my fears and try it.
(11-25-2014, 12:34 AM)marty.pork Wrote: Ok, thanks! I'll gird up my loins and suck up my fears and try it.

Would that be a Pork Loin?
Where's the like button?
We have a "Thanks" button.
It's the Thumbs Up symbol.

[Image: Thanks-Button.jpg]
It's not on Tspatalk
" It's not on Tspatalk "

'n u say we talk funny. Tongue 

Idea    Tspatalk, is that a 'bama; acronym for an imaginery trail that runs from the Appalachian range, down through Georgia to Tallahassee in Florida ??

The beige FiberPlus Pads are very safe, make sure the carpet is lubricated and you will have no problemos. Wink

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(11-28-2014, 09:21 PM)marty.pork Wrote: It's not on Tspatalk

Tapatalk is a weird animal. If you want to really enjoy any message board, the best thing to do is to bookmark the forum and save it to your Home screen. That way you can just click on it and see the forum as it was designed. It's a much nicer user experience. In fact, the EncapBoard uses a responsive theme design that behaves well on all handheld devices. Try the bookmark approach, I think you might like it.