• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transitioned from Truckmount to Encap
I've never used the Host sponges, only ever used it with the powder.

Once.

Do you think it would work with the "Dry Compound" being talked about on here??

Thanks.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(10-04-2015, 01:45 AM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Dumb question re the Dry Compound.

What is it??

I have an ancient Host machine, small one that I cleaned a clothing store with well over a decade ago.

Unfortunately, the "dry compound" that I was using, lifted into the air and deposited on all the Ladies black clothing.

They were not impressed.

Neither was I. Blush  Angry 

Have not used it since.

Tossing up whether to get rid of it or use it as described above where some premises absolutely need to be dry when finished.

Such as quick turn-around in hotels/motels, etc;

Cool

Funny story Shorty. Back when I was a much younger man we used clean Payless Shoe Stores - during the day, while the stores were open. We used Host with a Host machine (just one of the methods we tried). Same problem you had. The powder would bounce up into the bottom rows of shoe boxes. Managment was not impressed. Neither was I. 
(10-05-2015, 06:21 AM)encapman Wrote: Funny story Shorty. Back when I was a much younger man we used clean Payless Shoe Stores.

Classic, I recently cleaned a Payless Shoes Store here in Cairns.

Biggest problem was the chewing gum stuck in the direct stick poly; carpet.

For several years. Dodgy

Now, with my knees not looking as good as Nancie's, nor in as good a condition as Rick's, I thought I was going to have a problem.

But C.S. prevailed and I took along my Rac-A-Tac.

[Image: Racatac3_zps3f722c3f.jpg]

I simply put my preferred gum spotter plus a couple of scrapers and some rags underneath & rolled up and down the aisles, hitting the gum deposits.

Then stoked up Big Yella and zoomed on through.

Management was stoked with the end result.

I originally bought the Rac-A-Tac for T & G work but decided that was not for me.

For a lot of spotting, it's the best I've found.

Unless I had a fire breathing truck mount that was allowed to work inside the shopping centre. Tongue

Cool

Idea   Please resume normal truck mount talk. Big Grin
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Shorty I always love your "work smarter" ideas. Big wheels, trolley for gum, ramp, etc. you.ve shown severe ergo ideas that you use. That could be part of the reason why your still going strong with a few extra miles on your odometer. Ergonomincs and protecting the body pays off in the long run. It's something I've not payed enough attention to, and I'm starting to see the wear to my right hip and hand. Keep up the good work my young friend.
Each method has it's pro's and con's. For trashed out rentals the Rotovac worked very well however it was a pain to drag all over the place and the equipment always breaks down.
We started in this business in 1986 using circular dry foam and at one point we were doing close to one million in gross sales. All of are advertising was telemarketing.

When caller ID came out we where finished. I sold all of the equipment to a local cleaning company and went into banking for 12 years. While I was a banker I met a Real Estate agent who manages rentals and
she convinced me to get back into carpet cleaning.

I now only offer VLM cleaning. I have a VonSchrader LMX , three 175/300 rotary buffers , a Certified Pile lifter, three vacuum cleaners , two Oreck Orbitors , one spotting machine, a portable steam cleaning machine with a Hydramaster Drimaster
upholstery tool and a hand held buffer for cleaning upholstery.

There is an art to mastering Encapsulation carpet cleaning and am learning something new every time we do a job. This forum along with others has been very helpful.

I have always liked dry foam cleaning but what made me switch to Encapsulation was a video on YouTube by Xerion Solutions comparing HWE to Encapsulation cleaning.

A lot of times I will use a dual method to clean and just the other month I cleaned a sofa with my spotting machine , it looked good but then I went back over it with my hand held buffer I was stunned at how much dirt was on the small bonnet pad that I was using.

1917 , that is the best Encap carpet cleaning picture that I have seen. What did you do to get it to come out that well ?