• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand advice, please
Locally, my chemical pimp handles several lines.  His best encap is a Bridgepoint product called "Encapuclean Green DS" and it seems to work very well.  Price out the door by the gallon is about $40 plus tax.

The Releasit compares well in price, if I buy enough to get free shipping.  But price is secondary to what really matters; giving the best work possible.  Do any of you old hands have experience with both products?  Do they have sweet spots for certain conditions?  

I'd like to use whatever serves my peeps best, but am a bit conflicted about what that would be, especially with limited equipment.  Good vacuums, an Orek 15" lowboy, pads and a small stack of bonnets.  

Sure do hope these are the right questions.  Encapping is a new technique for me.
With Respect,
Stephen
The best way to be convinced is to see it for yourself. Compare products on the carpet. Do some A/B comparisons. Clean a dirty high traffic section. Which one cleans better. Which one works faster. Which one stays clean longer. Evaluating genuine real world results will nail down what the products are really capable of.

Another very important component of an encap product is how it dries down. So you might want to do a dry down test too. Dry a tablespoon of each product in a saucer and see if they dry brittle and release from the dish. Good crystallization equals good encapsulation.

A little bit of testing on your part will help to answer all your questions and you'll be convinced which product will serve you best.
That makes a lot of sense. I switched brands (for HWE) for those reasons. Gotta say, because I really didn't understand how or WHY to do certain things, I had mediocre results before with the Encapuclean.
From the forum posts, I have learned what to do. To you experienced guys, head-smackingly obvious stuff like scrub with a pad, then wet the bonnet and go over it again to remove loose soil. Now it works great!
So I don't pretend to have experience with encapping, but only one thing matters most; get the good stuff and deliver a great clean.
I guess you'd recommend a bottle of Punch and a bottle of DS to start?
With Respect,
Stephen
Hi Act One!  
You are at the right place for getting started in encap.  Rick basically invented the process!  
I have tried other solutions and the reason I buy everything from Rick now is because it works!  The time wasted on a product that delivers something less than the best is a big waste of time and money.  It is even more important for you as you are starting out and gaining experience with equipment and techniques.
I have no problem spending more if I know Im getting more.  Ricks solutions work, period.  
And no, I am not a paid spokesman.  Delivering results puts money in my pocket and that is why I keep coming back.  I am a one man operation and need every edge to compete!
I use DS, Punch,Hydrox and encap spotting solution.  If that group does not work the spot is probably not coming up.  Equipment, technique and knowledge also determine results!
It is plain that Rick has a great reputation among you encap pros!  My business is 95% residential and comes mostly via referrals and Angie's List.  I'd love to expand into commercial and build routes for my elves.  
If you search us on Facebook you'll see lots of pictures.  You are totally right that quality matters most and thanks for the advice!  
Oh, I ordered the sample three-pack and can't wait to try them out.  All tips are appreciated and I have thick skin so feel free to be blunt when necessary.

Wow, off to Atlanta to see grandkids...
With Respect,
Stephen
Stephen, congratulations on opening your eyes. Tongue 

Encap; is a great system used correctly with the best solutions, and the people here will help you along that path.

You say you want to expand into commercial, then I would strongly advise you to get a copy of Rick's CMS, Commercial Marketing System.

This (in my opinion), is the single most important reference for me to gain more work in the commercial sector.

Follow this, have the necessary flyers & biz; cards made, do demo's, be persistent, be persistent & then, be even more persistent.

Good things will happen.

I wish you well in this new venture.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks Shorty, will do. One thing baffles me though; How come all your posts show upside down on my screen?

Big Grin
With Respect,
Stephen
unʍʇɹoɥs

˙ǝɹǝɥʇ ɹǝʌo noʎ oʇ ʇǝb oʇ s,ןɐuıpnʇıʇɐן ǝɥʇ ssoɹɔɐ buıɔunoq uǝɥʇ 'ɹoʇɐnbǝ ǝɥʇ ɟo sǝuıן ןǝןןɐɹɐd ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ op oʇ buıɥʇǝɯos sɐɥ ʇı ǝqʎɐɯ

˙ʇı puǝs ı uǝɥʍ ʎɐʞo sʞooן ןןɐ ʇı

¿¿uǝɥdǝʇs ʇnoqɐ buıʞןɐʇ noʎ ǝɹɐ ʞɔǝɥ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........