• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT (just getting conversation started)
Met a guy on a plane a week ago who lives in North Carolina.
He called this major Brand Name store that also provides carpet cleaning
to get his place cleaned. So they send out a real professional carpet cleaner who
shows up with a Rug Doctor machine. What would your customers think of you
if you showed up with rental equipment or non professional equipment?

Let's see how many people we can get to chime in.
(10-08-2012, 03:11 PM)Charles Wrote: Met a guy on a plane a week ago who lives in North Carolina.
He called this major Brand Name store that also provides carpet cleaning
to get his place cleaned. So they send out a real professional carpet cleaner who
shows up with a Rug Doctor machine. What would your customers think of you
if you showed up with rental equipment or non professional equipment?

Let's see how many people we can get to chime in.
Well since there are only about 3 or 4 of us on this forum anymore I guess I will be the first. I would tell him to forget it and slam the door in his face, then call the so called store and talk to the mgr and see what the ***** was going on.

I stay away from most Resi work for the reason that I only have a mini van that I work out of and so I am a little embarrassed pulling up to a house. My equipment is all pro type (rotory, sprayers, spot kit). We also wear company shirts.

But with a Rug Dr, what type of cleaning service is that?
I saw one guy a while back who started his carpet cleaning business with a...

Bissel.

Go figure.

Personally, I say more power to them if they operate a legitimate business and aren't ripping people off. I wouldn't care if they were using a bucket of Tide and a scrub brush as long as they aren't making my industry look bad.

But as far as what customers think when they see it? That's a tough guess and I suppose it depends on what the tech explains the customer is paying for. Are they paying for equipment or results?
This is a curly one that can't be explained in simple terms without knowing the expertise of the person using the machine.

Without being frugal, I must admit that for some time I have been considering buying a Bissel.

[Image: Bissel.jpg]

WHY ??

Well, I have quite a few high rise properties that require me to do spot removal for them at various times.

This would be an easy (cheap) way to treat/rinse/extract nasty problems, rather than bring in either my spotter which is more awkward, a portable,even bigger and more of a problem, or my Orbot or Cimex.

Having said that, I would NEVER offer to clean a complete room with a wug dogta, or any other renta.

I would also have my company name covering the Bissel name.Big Grin

I believe that a good operator can use most any equipment and achieve acceptable results given time.

I also believe that an uneducated person will probably never achieve a decent clean with a $50,000.00 machine without help or training.

Shorty.
If a property manager saw you come into their complex with a Bissell, it could ruin your reputation. Hoover makes a commercial carpet cleaning machine with a wider path, i purchased it and it only lasted a couple of months.