• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new toy
I need a tool to do stairs, I have been using my Gecko extractor but it gets kind of heavy and the hose is on the short side, so I have been think of this. Can hold FP Pads or bonetts.

What do you think?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41...AA300_.jpg
I don't know if he still carries them, but Rick used to carry an attachment very similar to this for stairs. You might want to check with him or just head on over to the supply sidde of this site to see if you can find them. (I think Rick had one that was a brush?)
David's right. We have the Drill Driver which can be used with any drill with a side handle attachment or with an angle grinder. It works very well on stairs. You can use standard Cimex size 8" FiberPlus pads or 8" bonnets on this driver.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/8-inch-D..._p_10.html

[Image: drill-driver.jpg]
A couple of my favourite tools for stairs, fabric & leather upholstery:

Cyclo from Hoss, this has the two extension poles to save your back on the stairs, the brushes are also great for getting into the grain on leather furniture.

[Image: IMGP0741.jpg]

I like to keep all my good gear in these Stanley tool boxes to protect them, it also looks better when bringing it onto a job site, plus the boxes allow you to store more pads/bonnets.brushes, etc; neatly.

The top has two plastic containers where I store business card & magnets.

[Image: IMGP0742.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0743.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0744.jpg]

DANG !!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have deleted my other images. Blush

Anyhow, my other one is this Makita Variable speed polisher.

[Image: productimage_72.jpg]

It has a velcro drive board which will accept the Cimex pads, although if too wet, they tend to fly off.

We only use bonnets now, various types.

The drive board can be removed and the same brush as shown on the drill shown above, can be fitted.

Like the Cyclo, the Makita is also kept in a Stanley tool box along with a four outlet power board with overload trip switch, clean bonnets, a 15' extension lead, and a few other items.

We use the Makita almost exclusively, I like the weight and feel of it, it is very easy to use with one hand, although the handle coming up and over the top is (in my opinion), better than the side handle.

It is also quieter than both of out Cyclo's, which tend to have a high speed rattly noise, which apparently is normal.

Torque on start-up is stronger on the Makita, but no problem, I still don't have carpel tunnel syndrome or any aches or pains in either arm or hands.

I can use this for hours at a time in either hand.

With the Cyclo, the torque is virtually negligible.

The Cyclo also now has new bonnets that can be used with it that are very good.

Hope this is of some help.

Shorty.