• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What tool do you use for edge cleaning?
What is your weapon of choice for cleaning the edges of CGD? I currently use the edge tool from Excellent Supply. It is a brush on a pole but it works well. I am looking at a Pacific motorized baseboard scrubber. Thought I would ask all you experts what you are using and what you like.

Lee
In most cases there's not a ton of soil along the edges, since there's not normally foot traffic running right up to the wall. So generally the edges simply requires a light cleaning. We've seen that in most cases it's a quick and easy process to spray some mixed Releasit using a pump sprayer along any edges that are showing soil and then give the edge a quick brushing with the Edge Brush (although many edges won't even need cleaning). That little trick has always worked for me to get the last inch cleaned along the wall.
I'm with Rick here.

I use the triangular brush on a pole to save my back when necessary.

Idea I have also modified this. Blush

To the extent that on one end of the brush, it has a small piece of white plastic protruding forward.

I cut this off to allow the brush to get right into a corner or against the skirting board / base board.

If the problem is filtration soiling, then it will take a bit longer & charge accordingly for this specialized removal.

Shorty.
What is the purpose of that little plastic protrusion? It always gets in the way when I use the triangular brush.
Just my opinion, but I think the designer possibly envisioned it as being a scraper.

Give it a circumcision, chop it off.

Shortwun.
Cut the tab off mine too. Works a lot better now!!!

Lee
Alright, I'll cut it off. Rick, any chance of offering a circumcised brush in the future?
That's the way the brush is molded from the manufacturer. In fact, some guys like to use the little tab as a scraper. It can be useful for chipping frozen gum from carpet with the freeze spray.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_61.html

But if you don't like the tab, it can be cut off too.
(10-16-2012, 06:19 AM)encapman Wrote: That's the way the brush is molded from the manufacturer. In fact, some guys like to use the little tab as a scraper. It can be useful for chipping frozen gum from carpet with the freeze spray.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_61.html

But if you don't like the tab, it can be cut off too.

I think what will be great is that Rick manufacture a ZEBRA BRUSH with at least one wheel 3inches on the inside of the brush so that the bristles be on the outside edge. I got that idea patented already Rick but you got the green light on it.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
Like Rick said, the area near the baseboard is pretty much clean.

We vacuum the edges and have used this brush with great results. On accounts that we don't do the nightly janitorial cleaning. (On a monthly bases we vacuum the edges with our Pro backpack and 3inch head works great on the sides of cubicles too.

http://www.homedepot.com/Cleaning/h_d1/N-25ecodZ5yc1vZbqsi/R-203177366/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=brush&storeId=10051#.UJFgN450csl

T