• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
considering getting into commercial carpet cleaning
I have a question about what direction I should go as to getting into commercial carpet cleaning. I have been cleaning and refinishing tile and grout, natural stone and wood floors for almost 10 years now, and now I'm seriously considering adding commercial carpet cleaning to my business. I need something that can bring in steady income for once. I already own a truck-mount unit that I use to clean tile and stone and a few carpets for my older customers. (I hate cleaning residential carpets).
My question is in your opinion should I invest in a cimex or an OP machine to start. The cimex is cheaper but is it as versatile as an OP machine. Can it get under desks or maneuver as well. I'm going to try and stay away from restaurants and small cubicles in offices but with being new to commercial carpet I might have to take what I can get in the beginning.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Big Grin
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(01-04-2015, 03:58 PM)JeffW Wrote: My question is in your opinion should I invest in a cimex or an OP machine to start. The cimex is cheaper but is it as versatile as an OP machine. Can it get under desks or maneuver as well. I'm going to try and stay away from restaurants and small cubicles in offices but with being new to commercial carpet I might have to take what I can get in the beginning.

A Cimex is incredibly maneuverable! It gets under desks with ease. And it WON'T eat cords and cables like other scrubbers invariably will - so it's safer under desks too. The Cimex is for serious commercial work. An OP is better suited if you want a machine to mix it up and cover multiple cleaning options - such as doing residential carpet (but it sounds like you're not looking for that).  I'm in full agreement with you to avoid restaurants! The guys here are very helpful - no doubt others will chime in too. Welcome to the world of commercial carpet care. That's our specialty at Excellent Supply, so if you need help don't hesitate to holler. Smile
Although I've got over 4 decades in this game, I only seriously considered commercial carpet cleaning about a decade ago when Rick introduced me to the Cimex.

My only regret is that Rick didn't produce an Excellent encap; product a couple of decades earlier & let me know.

If you get a Cimex, (mad if you don't), be sure to get the Big Wheel Kit when you order, plus the CMS ( Commercial Marketing System ) CD.

I don' t know anything about you, maybe you have all your bases covered in commercial, but I believe that this CD is the best game changer for acquiring permanent commercial clients.

I'm on my iPad at the moment and don't have access to some of the tight, awkward & low areas that I have put my Cimex into.

Places that I know, I could never safely contemplate using an OP there.

If you would like to see the pics, leave a message here.

I also have an OP machine which is rarely used.

My Filipino wife also uses either of our Cimexes, but won't touch the OP.

Hope this helps, any questions, just ask.

Cool
Commercial is they way to go! JMO
Thanks for your input Rick, Lounge lizards and NJP

I have never done any commercial carpet cleaning, just some vct and tile and grout cleaning in a commercial setting. I do believe commercial carpet cleaning is the proper way to finally build my business to steady income and from what I have been reading and from what your telling me the Cimex is the way to go. Since I already own a truckmount if there's anything that the Cimex can't do for me I can always use that.
I always over think everything by coming up with every possible situation I can think of in my mind, and then I talk myself out of my plan saying it won't work. I am a member of other forums but I never participate in any discussions because of the negativity (believe me I have enough of my own) I think I will stay active in this forum once I take the plunge into commercial carpet cleaning.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
This is a great forum with great people! I think you are on the right track to growing your business. Rick and crew are great to work with!
JeffW your comment about other forums hit a sympathetic note with me. I have browsed but never joined them because of the giant "me only" egos that populate them. Sharing info and ideas makes the community and our trade better. It has been a helpful experience and enjoyable, here.
With Respect,
Stephen