• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8" Tuways for cimex???
I see you have the thin ones in 8". Has anyone tried the green stripe or bbc ( I know Derek used the bbc). How is the chem distribution through these pads?? I know people say their small to used for absorption.... However if you put the 8" pads on a rotary pad driver you will see you really aren't missing that much space since the actual cleaning area is only where the red bristles are.  I would like to have these pad options but I can't find anywhere to buy them??? Tuway does not sale directly.... Rick as a Tuway distributor can you get them or do you have to order a minimum amount yourself in order to get them???
  Reply   Purge Spammer
As a Tuway distributor we can get any of their bonnets. In fact, we have in the past sold the ones with the green strips and also the ones with the brown strips. They work well. You will NOT get adequate distribution of juice through the bonnets though. Bonnets are only useful for absorption. And since the 8" bonnets are relatively small, there's a limit to how much the bonnets can absorb. As a rule, the 8" bonnets on the Cimex work great for pulling out a little bit more soil from the carpet. For example if you encapped an entire building, but the entryway was hammered - you could quickly run over the entry area with bonnets following the encap cleaning. A quick bonneting of a stubborn section of carpet can pull some additional soil and finish off the carpet nicely. That's the primary benefit we see when using the 8" bonnets on the Cimex.
I'll have to get some to try out. But still in comparing the 8" to say a 17" pad you have to remember the whole pad is not used. Three 8" pads are really not that much less surface area compared to the area that actually makes contact on the larger 17"-21" pads....where the center and outer edges are not used.... Only where the bristles on the driver actually remove dirt.  I can tell by the stains on my pads 
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Has anyone here used the plain white 8" tuways after encapping with the cimex to pick up extra soil? Would you recommend them?
That's what they're used for. They do a nice job of picking up just a little more soil and finishing off the carpet nicely. Use them in the more heavily soiled areas to do a quick post-encap touching up. Adds a just little extra pop when a dirty carpet calls for it.
Rick,
About how many sq. ft. do you think 3 tuway pads could clean before changing them or flipping them over? Also do I need to pre-spray the carpet again after scrubbing with fiber pads and DS2?
Of course it depends on how soiled the carpet is. They're good for a smaller areas per side - perhaps a couple hundred sq ft. Your mileage may vary.