• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vario or Cimex
Hey Guys,

I have been debating on which machine to purchase. I want to start going after small(5k sq ft or less) commercial accounts soon (churches, doctor/dentist offices, etc). I like that the Vario could encap/padcap vs Cimex just encapping. But they say the Cimex is king of commercial averaging 2000 to 3000 sq ft an hour. Anyone know what the average sq ft the Vario could clean per hour? For those who have a Vario, How are you guys liking it? I am needing to purchase soon.

Thanks

Jose
The Vario's speed is just slightly lower than the Cimex. It can hit around 2000-2500 sq ft per hour. The Vario is more versatile as you mentioned, since it can do post-bonneting, straight bonneting, or straight encapping. It's lighter and a little more portable too. For moderate sized commercial jobs it would work well. It's a great all-around machine if you're planning on a mix of various types of accounts. If you're planning on having a larger portfolio of commercial work, I think the Cimex would be the way to go.
Thanks Rick! I think I will be ordering the Vario this week from you.
(01-18-2015, 03:29 PM)Jose Wrote: Thanks Rick! I think I will be ordering the Vario this week from you.

I think you're going to like its versatility.
What size/type (tan/grey) fiber pads and size micro pads do I order for the Vario?
19"

P.S. I think that may have been my shortest reply to a post yet Smile
lol thanks Rick!
I'd get a batch of each of the 19" pads & bonnets for various cleaning conditions:

For ENCAPSULATION:
FiberPlus Pads

HEAVY DUTY: - FiberPlus Max Pads

For BONNETING:
Tuway thins

Micro Glide

HEAVY DUTY: - Micro Beast

For ABSORPTION:
SurperZorbs

Just wish I could get the same great selection of pads & bonnets down under that you guys have such easy access to up, over there. Sad 

Unfortunately, our distributors can't keep everything and as I have several different size requirements, that can be a pain in the proverbial Big Grin 

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I find it works well on area rugs. It does not bunch up the carpet like my trinity freedom does. For me I love my cimex. For commercial nothing beats it by a long shot.
Just my opinion after using all 3 plus crbs.
Is the Vario an OP or rotary?
It's an OP.
It's super smooth!
It's solidly built, with a Lesson motor.
It's all chrome and polished aluminum - no paint to rust out.
And it's about half the price of the other "wheels down" OP machines.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-Or...p_563.html
Are they manufactured in 220/240 volt Rick ??

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
We've looked into it. We can get them in higher voltage. They're a couple of hundred dollars extra. But the biggest challenge is that we'd need to order a minimum of 10 units to get the manufacturer to build them. And we're not seeing that much interest in having a voltage option. So for now, we aren't going down that path, since we don't yet have sufficient demand for 220/240 volt machines.