• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprayer or solution tank
Hi all,
I encap with Releasit DS using a Taski 165 rotary scrubber (can't afford to upgrade to
Cimex or Orbot yet) and fibre plus pads on residential and commercial. Whilst I'm generally very pleased with the results, I'm wondering whether a tank for the Taski is a good idea? Alot of times very little evidence of the solution is showing as I clean, but on synthetics it is more visible (presuming this is because the solution sits on top of the fibre rather than soak in on wool)?
I generally use about 2 litres of mixed solution per ave sized room.
Are there any health issues from spraying on a daily basis compared to using a tank?
Thanks
Cammo
I'll copy & paste information from the post that I made yesterday...
  • "Proper encap shampooing can not be accomplished by pre-spraying the carpet with a sprayer. You need to shower feed it to see optimal results. Using Encap-Clean DS2 with a shampoo tank and FiberPlus pads will turn most any challenging commercial carpet into a walk in the park. Spraying the solution is not a good option - there's simply no good way to control the solution properly. Shower feeding gives you the control over the solution that you need in order to regulate your usage, avoid over-usage, and achieve superior cleaning. To do it right you really need a shampoo tank. To illustrate; it'd be like trying to paint a house using an artist's paint brush - technically it can be done, but it would be frustrating as all get out and the appearance would be terrible. Using the right tool will make it possible for you to do the job properly."
Shower-feeding with a shampoo tank will make a huge difference for you. Get yourself one and don't look back. You'll see a night and day improvement over pre-spraying the solution onto the carpet.
(10-12-2012, 12:59 PM)encapman Wrote: I'll copy & paste information from the post that I made yesterday...
  • "Proper encap shampooing can not be accomplished by pre-spraying the carpet with a sprayer. You need to shower feed it to see optimal results. Using Encap-Clean DS2 with a shampoo tank and FiberPlus pads will turn most any challenging commercial carpet into a walk in the park. Spraying the solution is not a good option - there's simply no good way to control the solution properly. Shower feeding gives you the control over the solution that you need in order to regulate your usage, avoid over-usage, and achieve superior cleaning. To do it right you really need a shampoo tank. To illustrate; it'd be like trying to paint a house using an artist's paint brush - technically it can be done, but it would be frustrating as all get out and the appearance would be terrible. Using the right tool will make it possible for you to do the job properly."
Shower-feeding with a shampoo tank will make a huge difference for you. Get yourself one and don't look back. You'll see a night and day improvement over pre-spraying the solution onto the carpet.
I just posted about this: Buy a tank, it's worth the 50 or so $$ that you will invest. It is needed to do the proper job using any type of rotory machine. Make the investment.
Hi Cammo,

If you have time to kill, read my thread "first forray in encap cleaning". Some of my questions/issues with my first encap cleaning job were on this exact subject. Rick and JT were good enuf to address this issue in my thread already but you may want to read it anyway because I found the similar issues regarding cleaning ability, solution coverage ( or lack thereof), evidence of coverage (amount of foam while cleaning) are asked in yours too.

I too, used an electric sprayer on my cleaning and found it to be a problem. I didn't have any issues with inhalation of airborne spray. However, after I'd been cleaning a while, I could make a connection between the problems I was experiencing being directly related to my sprayer.

Hence, getting a solution tank and shower-fed pad driver is the best solution until I'm able to afford a Cimex. The amount of extra encap solutions wasted on that job would have probably paid for the solution tank if I had not been so short sighted.

Bill
(10-13-2012, 08:34 PM)Captain Morgan Wrote: Hi Cammo,

If you have time to kill, read my thread "first forray in encap cleaning". Some of my questions/issues with my first encap cleaning job were on this exact subject. Rick and JT were good enuf to address this issue in my thread already but you may want to read it anyway because I found the similar issues regarding cleaning ability, solution coverage ( or lack thereof), evidence of coverage (amount of foam while cleaning) are asked in yours too.

I too, used an electric sprayer on my cleaning and found it to be a problem. I didn't have any issues with inhalation of airborne spray. However, after I'd been cleaning a while, I could make a connection between the problems I was experiencing being directly related to my sprayer.

Hence, getting a solution tank and shower-fed pad driver is the best solution until I'm able to afford a Cimex. The amount of extra encap solutions wasted on that job would have probably paid for the solution tank if I had not been so short sighted.

Bill

Thanks Rick and Bill for your replies.
As I'm presently using a Taski 165 rotary and a pad driver with fibre plus pads, I was wondering how the shower feed from a tank would work as I believe the Taski tank usually needs a brush with gaps between each group of bristles. These gaps are supposed to allow the solution to spread evenly across the brush, but I understand this is not necessarily the case.
Another cleaner contacted me with the same situation and suggested to place a plug in the centre hole of the drive pad to prevent the solution only dropping down in the centre. Apparently this method allows the solution to spray out through the smaller rectangular holes just outside of the centre hole and thus distributes the solution to the edges of the pad.
Any suggestions on the type of plug required as the centre hole appears to be tapered and would require a plug 75-80mm diameter and maybe need to be glued in place?
Could anyone else offer any info on this method, as I'm very keen on purchasing a tank and start cleaning even better!
Thanks, Cammo.
Hey Cammo,

The solution should feed just fine through the pad driver and be dispersed through the FiberPlus pad. Just run the hose from the shampoo tank, through the deck of the machine. THe juice will then flow over the pad driver, and as it turns, the solution will disperse evenly through the pad.
Shampoo tank is the only way to go, another added benefit is weight, if you also desided to do some hard floors you will need the tank any how. Rinsing floors is way easier with the tank on the machine
Thanks for your advice guys. It convinced me that a solution tank is the best method when encapping, so I ordered mine today. Can't wait to put it in practice and see how much better and quicker the method is.

Regards
Cammo
Just my opinion but you can afford to get a Mex. The 2 year no interest deal made it possible for me to get mine in 2010. I also said I could not afford it and found out I couldn't afford not to.
But if you can't you can't but you do have to get a solution tank.

Pete
With regard to those that may believe they can't afford a Cimex, I realise everyone has different problems so I am only going to generalize from my own observations:

Over the last decade, I would hate to print what my t/m has cost me in fuel, repairs, time setting up and breaking down, as well as losing jobs that I could not access with the t/m, be it for safety reasons, noise, or other factors.

The same goes for my portables as to repairs, safety (shopping centres, etcWink, getting equipment in, setting up, sourcing water, phew....

I'm not going into solution costs, because encap; is so much more practical and economical.

Back, and other injuries since I have had Big Yella are now virtually non existent.

(My masseuse HATES encap; with a vengeance, my wallet loves it). :-)

My Big Yella is well in excess of eight years old, and I have replaced a solution tank.

And my Big Wheels. ;-)

It has allowed my to gain work where previously I have failed miserably.

Then there is the time factor, those that have a Cimex KNOW how much quicker it is to use, and time is money.

If I was to add up what I have saved by not using the above water extraction equipment, it would have paid for my Mex; several times over.

Anyone contemplating buying a Mex; I would suggest that they sit down with family & work over the finer details as to what they can save, (as well as the work they could gain), and how much better off they will be by purchasing one, especially with the deal on offer at the moment.

It's a hard road, and a ***** hard life, but my Big Yella has made mine so much more enjoyable and easier on an old body. :-)

Shortwun.
Are you saying there is a deal on the cimex right now? Rick. let us in on any deal that you have please!
Used the tank on my Taski scrubber yesterday and although the carpet looked great when finished (but still damp), I was having problems obtaining a consistent flow of my encap solution.
I returned to the job for a look this morning as I had a feeling it may not look as good when dry. Sure enough, there are numerous streaky areas where it appears insufficient solution was being spread, although I used about the quantity I expected. The lighter coloured areas are what I believe are cleaned areas, whereas the darker areas are insufficiently cleaned.
Until I get the tank to dispense evenly, I was thinking of going back to the job using my manual pump up sprayer (which I don't normally have any problems with) and encapping again. Will this even out the streaks?
I took a photo with my phone camera, so it's not that flash, but good enough to get the idea. Will upload if necessary and when I work out how to.

Cammo
Here's a simple formula for encapping with a rotary:
Make a left-right Wet-pass, Dry-pass. Drop down and overlap 50% on the next "left-right Wet-pass, Dry-pass" with your rotary. So you're essentially making 4 passes with not too much solution and plenty of overlap for evenness. Should give you nice consistent results.
(10-23-2012, 08:07 AM)cammo54 Wrote: Used the tank on my Taski scrubber yesterday and although the carpet looked great when finished (but still damp), I was having problems obtaining a consistent flow of my encap solution.
I returned to the job for a look this morning as I had a feeling it may not look as good when dry. Sure enough, there are numerous streaky areas where it appears insufficient solution was being spread, although I used about the quantity I expected. The lighter coloured areas are what I believe are cleaned areas, whereas the darker areas are insufficiently cleaned.
Until I get the tank to dispense evenly, I was thinking of going back to the job using my manual pump up sprayer (which I don't normally have any problems with) and encapping again. Will this even out the streaks?
I took a photo with my phone camera, so it's not that flash, but good enough to get the idea. Will upload if necessary and when I work out how to.

Cammo

Cammo,

Just a thought.

I haven't seen the job but it could be encap residue which I have seen left behind on jobs that I have done, especially darker carpets it shows up more. It may be occurring in the areas you put more solution down. This is obviously designed to be vacuumed away as it is the encapsulated dirt crystals.

Maybe your 100% correct as you are on the job but If I were you I would try to vacuum it first before you reclean to see if that is your issue because if it is you will only end up with more white areas than you started with if you clean again with more solution

Hopefully that's what it is because that is a far easier fix.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Jamie