• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advertising
Would you all share some of the ways you advertise to generate business for comm. carpet cleaning.
I've tried ppc programs like Google Adwords several times at different parts of the year and broken into specific geographic locations around me and never got anything at all - didn't even get very many clicks on the ad except for perhaps competitors. So it would seem that very few businesses find their commercial carpet cleaners online (except for maybe local listings.)

I've had a little success hitting the phone and just calling businesses I want to do work at. I've also had some success in mailing information (flyer, biz card, etc.) to specific contacts at businesses. One good way to get these is to look online at your local chamber and search the directory, then send the info to the listed contact. Or better yet, call the business and get the name of the person who is charge of procuring services.

But the best way for me, historically, has simply been to get off my rear-end and go knocking on doors.

Yellow Pages is permanently banned from my future with the exception of a free online listing.
Buy a CMS package and implement it.

Get out of your comfort zone and go and seek work actively.

The CMS package will tell you what and how to do it, if you don't implement it, you may as well have sent your money to me.

Have a decent web site built and have it upgraded regularly.

I don't have any smellow yellow ads, nor any white pages advertising.

I do have three web sites, one for each biz;

Here's a pic of what I have that goes on every commercial job with me.

Note the blue bag and orange plate on the desk.

[Image: SDC10252.jpg]

When it comes out of the bag, this is what it looks like, the collapsible flashing safety cone also gets peoples' attention.

[Image: SDC10254.jpg]

[Image: LeatherFlight015.jpg]

Shorty.
Shorty - that is smokin' cool! What a great idea!

We've used sequential mailings with some success lately. The letters are very much in the Dan Kennedy style; good headline, nice pic of pretty lady pulling her hair out, scratch the itch until it's sore, talk solution, end with multiple testimonials. The second letter contains a juiced up offer with deadline. There's no question in my mind that Rick's approach works better - I just haven't dedicated the time to it.
I do janitorial work more then just carpet cleaning. I have found out that getting out on the street is the best way to go. I have a flyer with my business card stapled to it, I walk in an office and if the front desk person is not busy I will introduce myself and give the flyer, is they r busy I will leave it.

It is working for me, just picked up a new cleaning acct on Thursday.
use the Search function. if the old archves are still available, search through them for Advertising. there are LOTS of great threads on it.
The old board is still there. Look up at the top menu bar... "Old EncapBoard Archive". You can search a decade of discussion.
"The old board is still there. Look up at the top menu bar... "Old EncapBoard Archive". You can search a decade of [undefined=undefined]discussion[/undefined]".

"You can search a decade of PRICELESS INFORMATION".

j.m.h.o.

Shortwun

PS:::: Hey Rick, just noticed, the font and other bars do not appear to work down under.

I tried to change the font to red, no success.

I then tried to enlarge the font, same luck.

Maybe it's just me and my kompooter. ;-)
(10-16-2012, 05:24 PM)Cairnswun Wrote: PS:::: Hey Rick, just noticed, the font and other bars do not appear to work down under.

I tried to change the font to red, no success.

I then tried to enlarge the font, same luck.

Maybe it's just me and my kompooter. ;-)

The HTML editor in the message post section has full control of font and color. Where exactly are you seeing that it's not working? Which section of the forum?

Thanks
[undefined=undefined]It was[/undefined] when I tried to do a [undefined=undefined]reply.[/undefined]

REMEMBER, I'm a dummy on kompooters.

I've tried it here, I highlighted "It was", and clicked on Bold, but it gives the undefined message.

Same Text color change, it gives the same message, as you can see.

http://forum.excellent-supply.com/images...es/huh.gif
TEST BOLD
I just highlighted the words and clicked the "bold" symbol. Worked fine.

TEST COLOR
And I highlighted the words and selected "red". Worked fine too.

Maybe it's because you guys are hanging upside down in Australia. Wink

P.S. Don't drag the Smilies into your message. Just click on the one you want to use. Idea
Great banner Shorty. Looking sharp!

I take it the CMS is the marketing package offered here? I've heard great things about it.

On a side note, it must be tough committing phone numbers to memory down there.

0488 40 30 24 ehhh....

The first four digits are the area code? The next to are the prefix?

I love janitorial.

It might not make you the most money, but it's not bad money either and it sure can be steady. I also like the fact that you can pick up all the specialty work like carpet, windows, etc.

Do you service all of your accounts or do you have employees/sub?

(10-14-2012, 07:52 PM)jtmellon Wrote: I do janitorial work more then just carpet cleaning. I have found out that getting out on the street is the best way to go. I have a flyer with my business card stapled to it, I walk in an office and if the front desk person is not busy I will introduce myself and give the flyer, is they r busy I will leave it.

It is working for me, just picked up a new cleaning acct on Thursday.
[undefined=undefined]
On a side note, it must be tough committing phone numbers to memory down there.

0488 40 30 24 ehhh....

The first four digits are the area code? The next to are the prefix?[/undefined]

It still don't work Rick. AngryBlush

Nah cobber, ya got it all wrong.

That there is a mobile number, ( cell to you ).

When we first started getting ( jeez ) CELL PHONES !! they had nine numbers.

My first one was 018 774 253, this was on the old analogue phone system.

Then we went all fancy and got digital and they added another number and changed them around.

That first number changed to 0409 774 253 which I still have for my leather business.

the one you put in is for my commercial biz;

I have another one yet again for my resi; biz.

I no longer have a fax; number.

These smart phones are good with their directory inside where you can store numbers of colleagues, etc;

Same with land lines, we went from 6 numbers to eight numbers when digital came in.
Then we have area codes for states:

Vic; = 03
N.S.W. = 02
ACT = 02
Qld; = 04
S.A. = I dunno
W.A. = 08

Tasmania is full of people with two heads so naturally I don't know their area code.

Northern Territory, well they're all rednecks, so I don't know theirs either.

Then to confuse you more so, we have our national code = 617

Now, Undecided we're going through the stages of getting an NBN, ( National Broadband Network ).

Ah, Made in China. Angry

This is going to put many of us to the wall.

"NBN Co's broadband network will cost $1.4 billion more to build and $3.2 billion more to operate than first expected - altogether $4.6 billion over ten years – but rollout targets are being met, according to an updated corporate plan.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-...z29eFLeNx7"

All going well, I should be out of the game by then and not need it. Big GrinTongue

Apart from that, I rely on Skype as much as possible for long distance calls. ( Frugal I am ).

That's it, past my bedtime.
Thanks for the explanation, Shorty!