• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Rick Gelinas
Thank you Rick Gelinas, for the nice little story about the Cimex Big Wheels over on Mikey's Board.

Yeah, I also posted this on the infamous Facelessbook. [Image: icon_eek.gif]

[Image: icon_wtf.gif] I'm shameless.

& embarrassed. Blush

The story behind larger Cimex wheels...

I guess the folks at Cimex never realized that the machine would benefit from larger wheels.

In fact the Cimex rolled along for 75+ years on those small wheels - from the original Cimex built in 1933, till the day a wise Aussie (a.k.a. Shorty) came up with the idea of adding larger wheels to his Cimex.

Then after Shorty talked up how much nicer the large wheels were under his Cimex, we took that good idea and developed our Big Boy Wheel Kit upgrade.

After a few years of upgrading Cimex machines with larger wheels, Cimex has now recognized the value of larger wheels and is also offering a larger wheel option.

Looks like we all have Shorty to thank for this innovation!

A simple idea that led to a big improvement.

Probably was inspired by the stance of the kangaroo.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
As noted in my story about the larger wheels for the Cimex - the real thank you goes to you Shorty! Smile
I got the "large" wheels from cimex with my new machine, I could not switch them with my old big boy wheels fast enough! (The big boy wheels roll so much easier)