• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orbot rebuild!!
Hey guys,

I'm in the mood to rebuild the old orbot...it's one of the older ones...it's all rusty and the paint is peeling off. Looks nasty bringing in to a customers home so it's time to get cleaned up. Just started taking it apart this afternoon to get it powder coated.  So...

While I have it apart, is there any other upgrades I should do?  I heard there are better hinges for the handle and maybe an upgraded oscillating assembly with a bigger orbit?

And...for those who had theirs powder coated, how much $$ was it, and is there anything I should know about having it done (one concern that I have is having the threads in the parts clogged up with paint, should they be masked)

Any pointers with a rebuild is appreciated!

Just got a new pad driver from our buddy Rod at excellent supply, now I want to just keep going !!

Thanks ,

Joe
Joe, There are upgraded handle clamps available and yes I would protect any threads if you are going to powder coat. As far as the oscillating pattern, the 'dime size" oscillation it produces should be fine with no need to modify. You may want to consider replacing the counterweight bearing and center motor shaft screw though.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Since yours is the older model, like mine, does your left handle get very warm while operating it? Mine does. Crappy switch. They sent me the upgraded new style switch but it Is a much larger size and does not fit inside the handle's hole. So, I would suggest that you (if yours does get hot) increase the hole size to accept the beefier switch before you powder coat.