• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical issue
Hello Everyone!  

I received news that i have Leiomyosarcoma (cancer of the connective tissue) on my thigh about 10 days ago.  Since then, I have had a whirlwind of activity, going to U of Michigan's sarcoma center and speaking with doctors and having tests run.   It has been classified as Stage lll because of its large size, but no metastasis.

I get my IV port placed on the 18th and start chemo on the 19th.  chemo every 3 weeks for 3 months, then surgery, then radiation.

I am 100% confident in being cured.  I have a great medical team, great family and friends, faith, and a kick-butt attitude.  And I am otherwise very healthy.

I plan on updating everyone on the site periodically.

Rick.... thanks for all you do.  You all have made a junior encapper like me feel welcome and treasured.  That means a
lot.

I will be back to carpet cleaning before you know it!  Until then, take care of yourselves. xoxox Lynne
(02-14-2015, 07:29 PM)lynne Wrote: I am 100% confident in being cured.  I have a great medical team, great family and friends, faith, and a kick-butt attitude.  And I am otherwise very healthy.

With that great attitude and outlook I think you've got a fighting chance. We are all rooting for you!!!
Get well soon Lynne, stay positive.

Shorty.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Lynne
You have some tough days ahead. Endure. And for goodness sakes, get well! This profession needs good women and men serving the public. Prayers, kiddo. And an ear if things get rough.
With Respect,
Stephen
Yes get well soon lynne. Keep up your faith and prayer. God will bless you!
Prayers for you.
Hello everyone!  Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.   1 chemo down, 3 to go.  getting chemo through a continuous pump to infuse the chemo a little at a time (4ml. an hour) for 72 hours.  That 3rd day plus the day after are rough, but that means that the chemo is working...so I'm thankful.

I'm kicking major butt and that feels good!

Going to be back cleaning those carpets before you know it!  I am amazed at how dirty some of the carpets in medical facilities are.  Egads.  It's the first thing I notice.

My 17 year old son is going to help me finish our church carpet over spring break.  

I've also decided that I am going to switch up my career a bit.  I worked in a school full time and did carpet cleaning after my day job.  After I am cured (confident in that), I want to work in the hospice facility 1 or 2 days a week, then sub at my current school 1 day a week, then do carpet cleaning 1 to 2 days a week.  A nice balance.

My husband has been taking great care of me.  Poor guy.  He's had a lot on his shoulders.  Our 3 teenage boys are a big help.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Glad to hear you're managing. Try hard to keep your positive attitude! That is the key to tackling cancer. I read an article once that found those with a positive outlook faired incredibly better in their recovery from cancer. Sounds like the way you try to look at things, so keep it up! Wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Thanks for the update Lynne, sounds like you have marvelous family around you.

Don't be too eager to get back into your routine again, rest up & take the Doctors advice, that chemo will knock you around a bit, but with your positive outlook on life I'm confident that you'll be back on deck and doing what you want to do.

I not a praying person, but I'm wishing all the very best for you.

Take care.

Shorty. Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I can tell by your attitude that you will beat this thing, no problem. I have had 2 friends get cancer in the last year and a half and I am happy to say they both beat it. I say this because their attitude was the same as yours. I truly believe that your mind set can help you in many ways.
Keep it up. You and your amazing family are in my Prayers
Brad