• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shorty - you OK?
To Shorty and our friends down under, are you guys doing alright? Just heard that you're getting hit by not one, but two cyclones (and I'm not talking about Cimex Cyclones). http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-31545622  Let us know how you're making out.
A short, heavy, immovable object laughs in the face of these blowhards.  Big Grin

Serious one, a cat 5, made landfall just north of Rockhampton, about 600 miles south of us.

It was downgraded to a cat 4, just prior to hitting, then continued to lower until it went close to Yepoon as a cat 3.

Gary & James Bethel will be copping heaps of rain as this depression heads south to them, along with anoth storm front currently battering the QLD/NSW border & running north to Brisbane.

Massieve flooding predicted down south, with the Mary river peaking @ 18 metres, about 62 feet in Rocky;

Another smaller one is up over the top end, heading towards DRwin, but weakening,

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Update:

Many houses & businesses lost roofs or need demolishing in Yepoon & Rocky.

No power in Yepoon.

More than eleven thousand properties without power in Rockhampton, including the water treatment plant = no fresh water, no sewage system.

Many people angry because Sun Water never released water from a dam until AFTER the rain had passed, causing massive flooding in the valley.

Thought they would have learned the lesson from Grantham a couple of years ago.

Large storms, deluges now heading to the Sunshine Coast,mBrisbane & Gold Coast.

All beaches are closed due to massive waves & rips.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Glad to hear your OK Shorty. I don't think I've ever heard of 2 major cyclone/hurricanes hitting a continent on the same day. That's insane. Well I'm happy to know you're OK. I hope the rest of the country fares alright too.