• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex switch???
I have a Cimex a few years old.  The cord was recently replaced.  The reason for replacing was a short near the machine that blew a hole in the cord.  So after the cord was put on it won't spin in one direction unless it is lifted off the ground first.  It spins just fine in the other direction.  Could the switch need to be replaced or do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks
Sounds like your belt needs to be replaced.
Rick I just replaced the belt.  It was extremely hard to get the belt on.  Is their a way to put it on wrong?
I suppose it's possible that the belt could've been put on inside out. Yet I doubt that would be possible, since the belt naturally has it's own round shape. I can't really imagine how a new belt could be slipping. Give Rod a call at our office. Rod knows the mechanical stuff on these machines like the back of his hand; he may have an idea.
It sounds like you could have an issue with the on/off/reversing switch. If the motor spins good in one direction, it sounds like the motor itself is good but there may be an excessive current draw due to a short in the switch when it is turned to that specific direction.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020