• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Variable Speed Scrubber 160-330 rpm
EDITED 

We were planing to sell the General variable speed machine. 

Change of plans. (Read the comments below)
The picture caption has a typo. ""Non-marking whiles" should be "wheels." Cool machine!
With Respect,
Stephen
Thanks for noticing that. :-)
Pretty nice machine! My church has a old general low speed and I have to agree it is a work horse! Oh and heavy head weight for scrubbing.
Thanks to Steve from Blue Ridge! Steve contacted me (after seeing this post) and told me about a customer named Brad who purchased one of these General GVS variable speed machines. In fact, Brad is also one of our customers. So I spoke with Brad this afternoon about some problems he had with the machine. Looks like this machine, although we'll designed, may not be a good fit for carpet.  It runs OK on a hard floor, but he had problems with it on carpet. It would pop the breaker on the machine when dialed down to lower speeds. Brad gave me some good insight into the machine for carpet cleaning. By the way, Brad has since purchased a Mercury Dual Speed from us and he said that machine is working great. Looks like we will be staying with Mercury for dual speed machines. It's too bad because the General machine sure is purdy. But if it can't clean carpet at lower speeds, then it's not a good fit for us. Thanks Steve for giving me the feedback on this and passing Brad's experience back to me. Brad hadn't told us about his problem with the General when he purchased his Mercury dual speed. Glad to learn about the problems with these machines before we went too far with them. This forum is awesome! Smile
I wonder why you would even want to turn the speed down? 300 RPM is fine for all carpet types in my opinion.
Happy to do it Rick.
word has it that another company, who i see Rick that you sell their products, is coming out with a variable speed floor machine for carpet cleaning...in the coming months Big Grin