• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with it
Cleaned some duplexes with cimex they liked how it cleaned up and then they went over the entryways with hwe and pulled dirt from carpet he told not pulling the dirt out of the carpet will wear the carpet out faster this was the manager of the duplexes ,so what do I say to that.
Explain the encapsulation system fully.

Heavily soiled carpets need to be rinse/extracted.

Encap; is a maintenance system.

Vacuuming the dry crystallized product is the equivalent of extraction, EXCEPT on heavily soiled carpets.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Shorty explained it well. Encap is a maintenance system. For heavily soiled carpet, HWE is the best way to get the carpet back into a condition where it can be maintained with a good encap program. Then once the carpet's in a reasonable condition, a good encap program can keep it looking GREAT on a day in day out basis. If the carpet is MAINTAINED with a good encap program, there's very little need (if ever) for interim HWE. However, if the carpet is poorly maintained or neglected, interim HWE may be required to flush the soil load from the carpet. A good encap maintenance program with Releasit can keep the carpet looking its best over the long haul. Carpet that's maintained with Releasit will remain brighter, and recurring spill stains can be eliminated.
P.S. Go behind their HWE cleaning and run a white bonnet over the carpet and see how much soil gets transferred to the bonnet. Wink Do they sincerely believe that HWE removes all of the soil? No method gets 100%. Yet if they are convinced that HWE is the ONLY acceptable method of cleaning, there's likely very little that can be done to reshape their narrow viewpoint. HWE is a great way to clean a carpet. It has the highest rate of recovering soil with a single cleaning. On the other hand, encap can keep commercial carpet looking better than HWE in many cases. HWE will often fall short on challenging commercial glue down carpet when it comes to wicking, recurring spill stains, profitability of cleaning, accessibility to commercial buildings, budget constraints, etc. Each of the methods is simply a tool in the toolbox. Selecting the correct tool and using it properly is tantamount to being a good craftsman. Smile
Prestge1, did they go over the entryway because it was n't clean looking, or because they wanted to see if more dirt was in the carpet?
If the latter, you could point out that since you just scrubbed the encap in, of course the soil would be loose and able to be extracted. The kicker is that they could have accomplished the same soil removal without wetting the entryway.
I mention this because they may have been talking to the Big Hose company and were acting on a competitor's advice, to "show you up."
With Respect,
Stephen
If they had the equipment to hwe, curious as to why the had you encap it.
I agree with Stephen.
I have found it best not to worry about a customer that wants a specific process to clean their carpets.
It is a bit like arguing with your mechanic about the type of wrench he is using or telling the doctor to use a different style knife.
Just smile and go find another customer that wants clean carpet and doesn't care how you get it that way!
Great video Rick!