• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
175/OP handling & carrying
Getting close to pulling the trigger on a OP or 175-rotary machine. I read a lot of post but was wondering why the guys that use them never complain about the weight of carrying them up and down stairs all day? at around 100 lbs I would think that would be a issue but does not seem to bother them. also I would get one for mostly absorbtion on rat nasties after encapping. would a 175-rotary or a OP be better for that. Thanks! 
If you're thinking OP, and you're thinking about weight/transporting - then you should be looking at the VARIO.
With those BIG wheels on the VARIO it transports like a dream. Eazy Peazy!
Rick how easy is it to handle with the handle not being locked in place?
The handle latches in the upright position. And the swingarm has a pin that can be inserted to keep it in a fixed position during transport.
Moving an OP is much easier than moving a 175!
Especially in residential settings.
Got to have Big Wheels!
(03-21-2015, 03:50 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Moving an OP is much easier than moving a 175!
Especially in residential settings.
Got to have Big Wheels!

YES - the BIG wheels on the VARIO make it very easy to transport!!!
And do they come free when ordering a case of Releasit, or is that only Cimex?

Hahahaha
With Respect,
Stephen
That was last week. Buy a case of Releasit and get 2 machines for free. Sorry you missed that one  Tongue
Vario is nothing to go up/down stairs,in/out of vehicle.... dream. I always put the locking pin in when traversing stairs as it keeps the head bounce movement down to a minimum. Big wheels on our Cimex and Vario OP-Sweet! Now if I can only get the spring in the Vario to be dead quiet....not really loud but I like to sneak up on unsuspecting house pets!
We don't complain because we are lumberjack men. Heck, I push my up a hill both ways to work and carry my supplies on my back at the same time.

Really, you get used to using one and handling one. But if I had to buy a new 175 I would try to get bigger wheels. Now moving a Cimex without big wheels is a job.