• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the BrushEncap, what happens?
Guys, I've read as many posts as I can find. Here is my question: when using the BrushEncap to clean, do you attach a collecter tray to catch fuzz and debris? Do you get a fair amount of liquid back, do you add spray to heavily soiled patches to scour it out?

I ask because I use a Duplex DP420 (fantastic machine). It uses belts to recover debris, but if there isn't much moisture, the belts run dry and squeeky. So, I add water to the drip trays and 'lubricate' the belts. It works very well, but I ponder the purchase of the BrushEncap. I adore the deep scrubbing, pile lifting action of a CRB and it covers ground fast enough to suit me.

So you guys who vacuum, prespray and use CRB, how do you handle the inevitable fuzz n crap that comes up?
With Respect,
Stephen
Different animals. The Duplex is designed to pick up fluid from hard surface flooring as it collects the fluid across the rubber drum. Cool idea. It works reasonably well too.

The BrushEncap machine is not designed to pick up fluid. Instead it can pick up dry soil. By attaching the Renovator trays and you have a dry soil extraction machine. Remove the Renovator trays and it's a straight Encap Scrubber. It can also be used for scrubbing carpet with dry absorbent powder detergent. And with the Renovator trays the BrushEncap can recover the soil laden powder from the carpet (although that may not capture all of the damp clumps).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would the procedure be (after vacuuming):
1. Dry brush the carpet with renovators on.
2. Spray.
3. Damp brush with renovators off.

Would you ever leave the renovators on to capture dampened hair and dirt? How do you handle the extra grungy traffic areas and their soil loads?
With Respect,
Stephen
You wouldn't necessarily need to pre-vacuum. Simply run over the carpet with the Renovator trays attached. That will do a good job of "pile lifting" and provide reasonable dry soil recovery. Then remove the trays and, spray & scrub. Some guys will leave one or both of the trays attached during the scrubbing process to pick up some of the fuzz/debris that gets kicked up (but it won't capture 100% of the fuzz). And if you wanted to provide post-vacuuming the following day to recover the encapsulated particulate, the BrushEncap with Renovator trays could be also used to provide that additional service.
I get it now, thanks.
With Respect,
Stephen
I have a Hako Wizzard CRB that I use for cleaning Flotex flooring.

This is a wet pick-up machine, but does have some flaws.

Fibers and other rubbish get trapped behind the support posts above the revolving wheel.

This means that I must wipe it clean each time I empty the tray.

Waste tray is too small especially for large areas such as a school class room.

Continually emptying the trays does take time & adds on to the entire job.

Time is money.

Mine, (I think), would be hopeless for picking up dry matter, although I have never tried it.

Seeing as I'm also a dummy on your equipment, tell me if I've got this right please.

First you "vacuum" with the BrushEncap machine with the trays attached.

You then pre-spray an area with Releasit and go over that area with the BrushEncap machine, no trays.

That's it, unless you want to return the following day??

Several years back I was looking at a CRB with a solution tank on board, but was not available down under in 240 volt.

This I believe was the equivalent of encapping with a Cimex/rotary/Hoss, etc; albeit in CRB form.

Not sure, but I think it may have been called Brush n Clean ?? It was a silver/stainless steel machine ??
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........