• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet?
Any rotary floor machine will work. Taki is popular in Europe. Don't know if they're available in Germany though... http://www.taski.com/taski-ergodisc-165
(04-14-2015, 09:48 AM)encapman Wrote: A CRB on heavily soiled residential carpet, as a stand alone method, is a lightweight approach. Hot water extraction is normally considered to be the most efficient way to clean residential carpet. I know that you're located in Germany, and I don't know what type of equipment you may have over there, but using a powerful truckmount hot water extraction system is the most common way to clean residential carpet in the USA. The encapsulation method is designed for maintaining commercial carpet. Periodic hot water extraction is also recommended on an interim basis to fully flush the carpet. In this manner a commercial carpet can be easily maintained using a good encap system.

That being said, I know that there are some successful residential cleaners using encapsulation for residential carpet. This approach presents more challenges, since there's no soil recovery at the time of cleaning (all of the soil extraction is dependent upon post-vacuuming). At the very least, I would suggest a post-bonnet cleaning of the carpet. That can pull some additional soil following the CRB scrubbing. If you haven't considered bonnet cleaning with a microfiber bonnet following your CRB scrubbing, you may want to consider adding that final step. It WILL help you to be more effective cleaning with a low moisture approach.

For a heavily soiled carpet: Chemicals to use... Encap-Punch mixed at the strongest dilution on the jug as a pre-spray. Allow a few minutes to dwell. Shampoo with Encap-Clean DS2 mixed at 4 oz per gallon. (Mix chemicals with HOT water) Scrub with the CRB in a north-south/east-west overlapping pattern. Then as a final step, while the carpet is still damp, run back over the carpet with a rotary or OP machine with a dampened microfiber bonnet.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

It works great with my rotary machine! I do it more and more and getting more commercial clients.

Do you recommend to wet the microfiber bonnets with water or with the cleaning solution? Normally i spray them lightly with my pump up sprayer.

Is there a difference when using water or cleaning solution to damp the bonnets?
Either will work fine. You can wet the bonnets with water or with the cleaning solution. Either options will get the job done.
Thank you. So it would be enough to spray them lightly or is better to damp them really well ?
Get them damp. Not soaking wet, but fairly well dampened.