• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet?
(04-14-2015, 09:48 AM)encapman Wrote: A CRB on heavily soiled residential carpet, as a stand alone method, is a lightweight approach. Hot water extraction is normally considered to be the most efficient way to clean residential carpet. I know that you're located in Germany, and I don't know what type of equipment you may have over there, but using a powerful truckmount hot water extraction system is the most common way to clean residential carpet in the USA. The encapsulation method is designed for maintaining commercial carpet. Periodic hot water extraction is also recommended on an interim basis to fully flush the carpet. In this manner a commercial carpet can be easily maintained using a good encap system.

That being said, I know that there are some successful residential cleaners using encapsulation for residential carpet. This approach presents more challenges, since there's no soil recovery at the time of cleaning (all of the soil extraction is dependent upon post-vacuuming). At the very least, I would suggest a post-bonnet cleaning of the carpet. That can pull some additional soil following the CRB scrubbing. If you haven't considered bonnet cleaning with a microfiber bonnet following your CRB scrubbing, you may want to consider adding that final step. It WILL help you to be more effective cleaning with a low moisture approach.

For a heavily soiled carpet: Chemicals to use... Encap-Punch mixed at the strongest dilution on the jug as a pre-spray. Allow a few minutes to dwell. Shampoo with Encap-Clean DS2 mixed at 4 oz per gallon. (Mix chemicals with HOT water) Scrub with the CRB in a north-south/east-west overlapping pattern. Then as a final step, while the carpet is still damp, run back over the carpet with a rotary or OP machine with a dampened microfiber bonnet.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

Thanks Mr. Gelinas! Here in germany are no truckmounts! Many cleaners use smal portable machines to clean wet with longer drying times.

As you know i used untill now a prespray and compound with short drying times...but a lot to vac because the compound seems to "fly" everywhere...

The customer in germany, especially the residential, are loving the short drying time.

Now i have to find a way to work with short drying times, no post vac and great results.

What is about using a 175 for scrubbing and post bonnet as a final step in residential jobs?

Some other threads recommend these steps and because of the heavy weight it should although work on trashed carpets.

I will thank you and the other members for the great advices and feel sorry about my english.

Messages In This Thread
UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-05-2015, 11:13 AM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-05-2015, 02:57 PM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-06-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-08-2015, 05:30 AM
RE: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by NJP - 04-08-2015, 06:37 AM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-08-2015, 06:47 AM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-13-2015, 08:13 AM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-13-2015, 03:58 PM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-14-2015, 07:04 AM
AW: RE: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM
AW: UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet? - by Bernd - 08-15-2015, 05:01 PM