• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
VCT Floor Pads
I have read different threads about using VCT floor pads for agitation with the Cimex or 175 .

Are these the regular white pads for hard floor and they do not damage the fiber in residential?

I am going to buy a 175 rpm for using in residential and hopefully more in commercial.
You could use VCT high speed buffing pads. The ones we handle (FiberPlus) have a special binder material added to them to help them hold up to carpet cleaning.
Thanks for the fast reply. I saw your products but they are not available for me.

Which (colour) would you recommend for residential and commercial?
(04-19-2015, 06:43 PM)encapman Wrote: You could use VCT high speed buffing pads. The ones we handle (FiberPlus) have a special binder material added to them to help them hold up to carpet cleaning.

...and why should it be high speed buffing pads instead of the "normal" ones?
High speed buffing pads are... (1) Soft and (2) built for high rpm, so they'll hold up reasonably well.

Our FiberPlus pads contain an exclusive binder material that helps them hold up better. But if you don't have that advantage, the next best option would be a high speed buffing/burnishing pad.
(04-19-2015, 08:12 PM)encapman Wrote: High speed buffing pads are... (1) Soft and (2) built for high rpm, so they'll hold up reasonably well.

Our FiberPlus pads contain an exclusive binder material that helps them hold up better. But if you don't have that advantage, the next best option would be a high speed buffing/burnishing pad.

I can get them. But is it a problem if the pads have a hole in the middle? The "Superpads" don't have it...the high speed pads have.

I can get them in different colours. As i have read in different threads i should use the white ones for residential and white or red for commercial Jobs?!
ES Supply's pads really do hold up better than regular buffing pads. The vct pads clean the same but do not last long. Dont use red unless it is the real 3m brand and not scrubble or similar. They will bleed color. (I would not even recommend 3m red but some say these wont bleed). White pads are crap on both vct and carpet. Try a beige uhs pad instead of white if you must use vct pads.
(04-21-2015, 09:16 AM)FloorCareMD Wrote: ES Supply's pads really do hold up better than regular buffing pads. The vct pads clean the same but do not last long. Dont use red unless it is the real 3m brand and not scrubble or similar. They will bleed color. (I would not even recommend 3m red but some say these wont bleed). White pads are crap on both vct and carpet. Try a beige uhs pad instead of white if you must use vct pads.

Thanks for your reply. I feel a little bit insecure cause using a 175 is new for me. Till now i am using a crb as stand alone and most of the time residential.

Which bonnets would you prefere for agitation? Here in germany we don't have many choices.

What is about the queen bonnets with green stripes? I need something for residential that is not to agressive for low cut pile.
Generally speaking, the best bonnet options would be microfiber bonnets.
(04-21-2015, 11:52 PM)encapman Wrote: Generally speaking, the best bonnet options would be microfiber bonnets.

Thanks for your advice.

The 175 is with a solution tank. When i am going to work with a microfiber bonnet and the shower feed doesn't the bonnet absorb to much solution untill it gets on the floor?

I can get some Tuway Thin One bonnets. Do they work?
Can't shower feed through a bonnet. A tank is for shampooing. Bonnets are for spraying solution and bonnet cleaning.
Ok. Thought using a tank would work for encapping cause some Videos showed it with your products.

Or is it just impossible to shower with a bonnet?

I am reading as much as possible in different threads but every day i have a new unsolved question in my mind...

So when i use your releasit products for Encapsulation i have to spray them and agitate. Or can i use the shower feed with brushes or pads?

Maybe everything is very simple...but hard to understand in a foreign language...
Correct! Spray with bonnets. Shampoo with pads or brushes.
I got today some new pads- this time some highspeed VCT pads.

They feel very hard- not as soft as the normal white ones i used till now. Is it the binder in there?
That's a good question. It would be hard to say for certain what those pads are made of. We have a special formula for our FiberPlus pads. We sell enough of them that we can regulate how our pads are manufactured. We have additional binder material added to our FiberPlus pads to help them hold up to carpet cleaning. Carpet cleaning is rough on pads! With the additional binder material in the FiberPlus pads they hold up better than other similar style pads. Bulking them up with additional binder material pays off.