• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much solution should be used?
I have had a job this morning in a mall on commercial carpet. Used Punch as Prespray and then DS2. Worked with my CRB.

My question: I could not see any light white foam. Did i use not enough solution? Put it down with a pump sprayer.

Because i felt a little insecure i jused some compound...and have had more work as i calculated.

How much solution should i use?
Some carpets are extra dirty and seem to inhibit the foam.  
I would run the mix a little bit heavy when that happens.  
You may need to padcap or HWE if necessary certain areas.
(04-24-2015, 07:13 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Some carpets are extra dirty and seem to inhibit the foam.  
I would run the mix a little bit heavy when that happens.  
You may need to padcap or HWE if necessary certain areas.

Thanks for your reply. The carpet was just light to medium soiled.

The result was ok...but i was wondering cause there was no foam.

What is the average solution you have to use on for example 300 square feet ?
Hard to give an exact solution rate.
I do a dual padcap process on most commercial.
I use about 2 gallons of DS on 300 Sq Ft. But I am sure others use less.
(04-25-2015, 11:55 AM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Hard to give an exact solution rate.
I do a dual padcap process on most commercial.
I use about 2 gallons of DS on 300 Sq Ft. But I am sure others use less.

2 gallons are a lot i think. Heard and read of 1 gallone on 300 Sq Ft.

I have to find a way how to reach the right amount of solution.
CRB machines won't produce the same light level of foam that you'll see with a shower feed machine, such as a Cimex or a rotary machine. You will just need to get the feel for how much to lay out the correct amount. A little practice and you'll have it.
I have only used the new DS2 on one large job so it may just be my imagination but I do not think that the new DS2 leaves the white foam trail quite as much. It could also just be that I did not mix it as strong as I usually do.
For me, the CRB leaves a light shade that fades away in a few seconds. Of course, with spots the needed more, there is a distinct foamy spot when I go over it. As for how much per foot, Rick put it exactly right. You just sort of figure it out as you go.
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-25-2015, 10:48 PM)encapman Wrote: CRB machines won't produce the same light level of foam that you'll see with a shower feed machine, such as a Cimex or a rotary machine. You will just need to get the feel for how much to lay out the correct amount. A little practice and you'll have it.

Yes, i think a little practice will help. I have to say the smell of your products is great! My customer love it!