• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog urine.
I have had an estimate this morning with a lot of dog urine "problems". I just made a free demo for the customer.

It was a very light carpet so i worked with hydrox. Sprayed the spots with the 1:3 dilution and encaped with the 10 oz solution.

I only worked with my crb. After finishing the "demo area " the urine spots got lighter but were still there.

I blotted them with the encap spotter and put some paper towels on it. With my feed i made some pressure on the towels. The towels soaked and got yellow .

My questions:

How long should be the dwelltime with the 1:3 dillution on the spots?

How long should be the dwelltime with the encap shampoo?

Should i first handle the spots are should i Do it after encapping?

Do the experts have a special idea handling the urine spots?

I now have a 175 rpm and some tuway microfiber bonnets. Should i finishing my work with it?

I don't have a extractor.
You need a special treatment for urine stains. Encap-HydrOx is a recommendation. CTI's Urine Stain Remover is another option. Urine is a challenge! Even the diet and health of the pet is a factor with animal urine. The age of the stain, type of fiber, and age of the fiber also factor in. NEVER promise with "STAINS" - under promise and then do your best. A "stain" may be permanent. That's the difference between a spot and a stain. A "spot" can typically be removed. However, using either of the products mentioned above will generally help you handle a urine stain.
(04-28-2015, 10:56 AM)encapman Wrote: You need a special treatment for urine stains. Encap-HydrOx is a recommendation. CTI's Urine Stain Remover is another option. Urine is a challenge! Even the diet and health of the pet is a factor with animal urine. The age of the stain, type of fiber, and age of the fiber also factor in. NEVER promise with "STAINS" - under promise and then do your best. A "stain" may be permanent. That's the difference between a spot and a stain. A "spot" can typically be removed. However, using either of the products mentioned above will generally help you handle a urine stain.

Thats what i did: i under promissed. The customer liked it to be fair. I will see if i can get here a urine stain remover.

Thanks for your reply!
Bernd, if you do not have an extractor, you could use a "wet or dry" vacuum. Over here we call them "Shop vacs." They are inexpensive but can handle liquid spills and come in many sizes. I think Rick described a protocol for urine spots and stains in another thread last week. The main thing is to treat pet urine areas deeply enough to really get them.
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-28-2015, 01:18 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: Bernd, if you do not have an extractor, you could use a "wet or dry" vacuum. Over here we call them "Shop vacs." They are inexpensive but can handle liquid spills and come in many sizes. I think Rick described a protocol for urine spots and stains in another thread last week. The main thing is to treat pet urine areas deeply enough to really get them.

Thanks for your advice. I will think about it. I try start working with my new 175 rpm. I am vlm beginner and just worked with compound and crb and got good results. But i don't like the mess of the compound so i decided to start working with the releasit products.

I realy like the smell but have to learn more about using them, dwelltime and about the right machine for agitation. I think the 175 is a better choice for agitation and encapping.

You have written you are using hydrox. What is about heavy traffic lanes? Do you pre spray them with a stronger dilution? Do you scrub the pre spray in with a crb?

Like to learn more and i am very thankfull for every advice.
Bernd, I too am just learning. For those questions, let me suggest that you search and read the old postings here. For some things, HydrOx works wonderfully. The other day I had to remove trampled-in grease from a new carpet and wound up using a degreaser, sucking the messy spots up with a small machine and then finishing it up with HydrOx. Saved the factory about $5000. Another source is YouTube, where if you watch everything you can on carpet cleaning, you'll soon find something useful. Another idea is to donate cleanings to friends or charities, just for practice. Of course they don't get to complain, hahaha! But you will quickly get good at handling different problems. Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-28-2015, 07:54 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: Bernd, I too am just learning. For those questions, let me suggest that you search and read the old postings here. For some things, HydrOx works wonderfully. The other day I had to remove trampled-in grease from a new carpet and wound up using a degreaser, sucking the messy spots up with a small machine and then finishing it up with HydrOx. Saved the factory about $5000. Another source is YouTube, where if you watch everything you can on carpet cleaning, you'll soon find something useful. Another idea is to donate cleanings to friends or charities, just for practice. Of course they don't get to complain, hahaha! But you will quickly get good at handling different problems. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice. Working with DS2, Punch or Hydrox is totally new for me. I will read more and more...Smile
(04-28-2015, 10:56 AM)encapman Wrote: You need a special treatment for urine stains. Encap-HydrOx is a recommendation. CTI's Urine Stain Remover is another option. Urine is a challenge! Even the diet and health of the pet is a factor with animal urine. The age of the stain, type of fiber, and age of the fiber also factor in. NEVER promise with "STAINS" - under promise and then do your best. A "stain" may be permanent. That's the difference between a spot and a stain. A "spot" can typically be removed. However, using either of the products mentioned above will generally help you handle a urine stain.

Yesterday i did another heavy dog urine job... I treated the spots with the Hydrox 1:3 dilution. I put some paper towels on it and it came out the yellow stuff...

I think i have to extract the urine spots as you recommend it. I am thinking about buying an ectractor.

Should i pretreat them with Hydrox and then extract them only with water or what is your advice?
Yes, buy an extractor. Even a small spot extractor is abolutely necessary (for jobs like you're describing here). There is no way to properly clean contaminants without flushing/rinsing the spot.

Our 3 gallon Gecko Spot Extractor is incredibly popular. Every VLM / Encap right should have one!
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Gecko-Sp...p_249.html
Well made! Well priced! Just right!