• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex Pad Driver broke in half ... found a temporary solution!
Lightbulb 
so 1 of my Cimex pad drivers split in half right down the middle...the foam separated clean off of the black plastic. this is one of my 2004 pad drivers, from my very 1st Cimex. a clean break so i can try to marine goop it back together. anyways, i am working at a Client's facility when this happens, ugh! hmmmm let me think ... [Image: lightbulb.gif]

ran out to the van and grabbed the stiff yellow Cimex brushes. throw them on and plop them down onto the carpet with the pads "attached" - not ideal but it easily finished the job for me! i haven't used those brushes in awhile, glad i keep them on the van though! Big Grin
That is what I like to hear. Someone that figures out how to get the job done no matter what unforseen thing happens. To many today just quit for the day and reschedule. Good job!
(05-05-2015, 04:40 PM)FloorCareMD Wrote: That is what I like to hear.  Someone that figures out how to get the job done no matter what unforseen thing happens.  To many today just quit for the day and reschedule.  Good job!

That's what differentiates an "entrepreneur" from a typical "employee". A typical employee throws up his hands and says, "I guess I can't finish the job because there's a problem". The entrepreneur invents a way to resolve the problem and keeps going.  Idea

We've found that 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive is great for re-gluing pad drivers that separate...
http://www.amazon.com/3M-08008-Black-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/dp/B00063X38M/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1430858789&sr=1-1&keywords=Super+Weatherstrip+black

You may find that they can be held together for a good while without needing to order a replacement set.
good info Rick, thanks for the link!

this job was an hour and forty five minutes away, i wasn't leaving. almost thought i had to break out the Trio....glad i didn't have to! i much prefer the Cimex  Big Grin
I'm pedantic about things going wrong.

I carry not only two spare pad drivers, but also three soft Cimex brushes in the van at all times.

An hour away from home today & my battery operated sprayer runs out of charge with still another 1.5 hours work to do.

Start pumping Delia. Wink 

Only a 5 litre pump-up, but enough to finish what we were doing.

The golf course is in serious need of water at today's job at Mirage Resort, Port Douglas.

Just thirty yards out the back door of the villa.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Quote:Mirage Resort, Port Douglas.

i just googled that place, WOW! really nice. you on vacation there Shorty? looks like something along the Mayan Riviera.
No Derek, just doing another villa up there.

It's an all day job for the two of us.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Wow. What is all that blue stuff in the sky and water Smile

Here in Pennsyltucky, sky is never that color and the beach we vacation at , well, lets just say you are in paradise, my friend, which I am waiting for.