• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business name
When naming your business, and your focus is on commercial, what are your thoughts on having the word "commercial" in the business name? is it necessary and do you think it's a deterrent?
As long as the name is 1. brand-able, and 2. dotcom-able then go for it.

For example, I read the book The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding http://www.amazon.com/The-22-Immutable-L...0060007737 back around the year 2000. Up till then, our cleaning company had been called Pioneer Maintenance. That name had no pizazz for brand name recognition. But after reading that book (highly recommended) the lightbulb went off. I renamed my carpet cleaning business... KleenStep. What a difference a name makes. Instantly I saw people take our marketing efforts much more seriously. They would ask me if this is a franchise. The perception of the name from the prospect's eye was tremendous! Of course the name was also dotcom-able which was very important. Same thing when I soon after came up with the name Releasit. In other words, look for a brand-able, and dotcom-able name. But read the book first - I'm sure you will be happy that you did.